turner fran

Default trip to NYC

Hi All,

well, its been some time since I posted here although I do get to look
in on occasion. Anyway, I will be travelling to NY next week and was
wondering what you would recommend for me to see. I am interested in
galleries/craft museums and of course any tool stores that you might
recommend!

Its good to see some of the same guys here from the last time I checked
in!

Fran

Bernie Hunt

Well if your looking for tools stores, then check out
http://www.toolsforworkingwood.com/ and Garrett Wade. I don't care much for
Garrett Wade anymore, but Joel at TFWW if as much of tool had as you have
ever met and always interesting to talk with. If you are in town on the
weekend, I would call ahead on a weekday to make sure they will be open.

"turner fran" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All,

well, its been some time since I posted here although I do get to look
in on occasion. Anyway, I will be travelling to NY next week and was
wondering what you would recommend for me to see. I am interested in
galleries/craft museums and of course any tool stores that you might
recommend!

Its good to see some of the same guys here from the last time I checked
in!

Fran

Martin Rost

Fran,
If you here on the weekend, the Long Island Woodturners has a meeting on
Saturday June 18th. Graeme Priddle from New Zealand will be demonstrating.
Martin
www.liwoodturners.org

"turner fran" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All,

well, its been some time since I posted here although I do get to look
in on occasion. Anyway, I will be travelling to NY next week and was
wondering what you would recommend for me to see. I am interested in
galleries/craft museums and of course any tool stores that you might
recommend!

Its good to see some of the same guys here from the last time I checked
in!

Fran

turner fran

Ah thats a pity,

I don't get there till Mon night (20th).. I wouldn'ty mind but I am a
long time admirer of his work and would have liked the chance to meet
him!

Fran

Martin Rost wrote:
Fran,
If you here on the weekend, the Long Island Woodturners has a meeting on
Saturday June 18th. Graeme Priddle from New Zealand will be demonstrating.
Martin
www.liwoodturners.org

"turner fran" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All,

well, its been some time since I posted here although I do get to look
in on occasion. Anyway, I will be travelling to NY next week and was
wondering what you would recommend for me to see. I am interested in
galleries/craft museums and of course any tool stores that you might
recommend!

Its good to see some of the same guys here from the last time I checked
in!

Fran

Arch

Hi Martin, I enjoyed visiting the L.I.W.T. site. It is nicely done and
interesting, altho I wonder if my best spindle design was plagiarized
for the logo. I can't afford visits to the NYC-L.I. area now, but it
was truly wonderful in the days when this hick could.

Fran, be well and have a safe and happy trip.

(a key left in your chuck will open the door to your hospital room)

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter