Charlie

Default 100mm Strap Boss - does such a thing exist

Forgive the naivity of this question but is there such as thing as a
100mm Strap Boss, I've only seen 40mm ones.

The reasoning being that I wish to join a 100mm horizontal toilet waste
to a 100m vertical drain (coming out of the ground) as low to the
ground as possible. The only thing I've seen is a spigot which has the
join a couple of inches above the bottom.

Thanks in advance.

Charlie

Dave Jones

"Charlie" wrote in message
oups.com...
Forgive the naivity of this question but is there such as thing as a
100mm Strap Boss, I've only seen 40mm ones.

The reasoning being that I wish to join a 100mm horizontal toilet waste
to a 100m vertical drain (coming out of the ground) as low to the
ground as possible. The only thing I've seen is a spigot which has the
join a couple of inches above the bottom.

Thanks in advance.

Charlie

Something like

http://www.toolstation.com/search.html?searchstr=60527

?

Charlie

Dave Jones wrote:

Something like

http://www.toolstation.com/search.html?searchstr=60527

?

Dave,

Thanks for that but isn't it just a strap for connecting a 40mm pipe to
a 100mm stack?

I want to connect my toilet waste to a vertical stack, so I'm after a
100mm connection.

Charlie

Ali Mac

Dave,

Thanks for that but isn't it just a strap for connecting a 40mm pipe to
a 100mm stack?

I want to connect my toilet waste to a vertical stack, so I'm after a
100mm connection.

Charlie

You'll need a branch, so you'll have to cut out a section of stack, insert
the branch and then use a slip coupler to join the bottom of the branch to
the existing stack (this is a coupler where you can slide it all the way
down below the cut out section and then slide it back up once the new branch
is in place. If there's no room above ground for the levels to work out,
then you'll need to dig out the stack below ground. Is this the case?

You'll end some silicon gel and a rasp or some such for chamfering the edge
of the cut pipe. I'm assuming you have plastic soil pipe of course.

Alistair

Charlie

Alistair,

Thanks - what you've said agrees with what I had suspected.

you'll need to dig out the stack below ground

Exactly what I feared.

Thanks

Charlie