Would You Tip a Plumber

Old March 2nd 05, 10:11 AM
[email protected]

Default Would You Tip a Plumber

On LBC radio I caught the tail end of a discussion about tipping
tradesmen. The presenter, Daisy what ever her name is, actually
advocated tipping a plumber for doing a good job.
Perhaps the idea could be extended to other groups who don't need or
deserve a tip.
Any ideas, I thought perhaps solicitors or estate agents.

Kevin

Old March 2nd 05, 10:18 AM
Harvey Van Sickle

On 02 Mar 2005, wrote

On LBC radio I caught the tail end of a discussion about tipping
tradesmen. The presenter, Daisy what ever her name is, actually
advocated tipping a plumber for doing a good job.
Perhaps the idea could be extended to other groups who don't need or
deserve a tip.
Any ideas, I thought perhaps solicitors or estate agents.

One's ex-partner when they pick up the kids on time?

--
Cheers,
Harvey
Old March 2nd 05, 10:19 AM
in2minds

On LBC radio I caught the tail end of a discussion about tipping
tradesmen. The presenter, Daisy what ever her name is, actually
advocated tipping a plumber for doing a good job.
Perhaps the idea could be extended to other groups who don't need or
deserve a tip.
Any ideas, I thought perhaps solicitors or estate agents.

don't know about plumbers (they charge enough to start with), but I
tipped a roofer once for doing more than he quoted for and coming on a
Sunday.

LJ

Old March 2nd 05, 10:34 AM
TheScullster

Seconded!

Moving is a stressful time!
We used a local Hull company Hardakers and the guys they sent lightened the
day with one-liners (probably used the same one-liners for 30 years).
But it lightened the day for all concerned and resulted in decent tips for
their efforts!

Phil

Old March 2nd 05, 04:56 PM
bof

In message , Sam Nelson
writes

Last time we moved house, the Pickfords crew that turned up did a fantastic
job. I couldn't fault them, and I have plenty of experience of good and
bad removers. They got good tips.

Yep same as my experience with Pickfords, with the same outcome for the
blokes . . . and a tip for others, Pickfords are amenable to haggling,
we got them down to 40% of their original quote, which was only a little
more than the quotes from Taykitt & Scarper type operations.

--
bof at bof dot me dot uk

plumber problem - what now? rck Home Repair 32 January 28th 05 06:48 AM
Overcharged by a plumber ? Al UK diy 39 December 7th 04 12:52 AM
Plumber Work - Quote coolneo Home Repair 9 October 20th 04 06:17 PM
Good Plumber or Bad Plumber? Robert Fenster Home Repair 14 June 2nd 04 07:01 AM
Ripped off by a plumber Pete UK diy 8 March 23rd 04 10:46 AM