Cenfus

Default Dolphin "Special Care" Bathrooms ...

These people target the Elderly and Infirm with offers of over-priced
bathrooms, and then seem only to give them bad advice and poor service.

Here is an example of their behaviour:
http://home.btconnect.com/tg/dolphin.htm
Does anyone else have similar experience with these people?

Tony Hogarty

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 08:32:14 -0800, Cenfus wrote:

These people target the Elderly and Infirm with offers of over-priced
bathrooms, and then seem only to give them bad advice and poor service.

Here is an example of their behaviour:
http://home.btconnect.com/tg/dolphin.htm
Does anyone else have similar experience with these people?

I'm sorry for your experience - but you should have come here first rather
than after the event. If you would have asked the question 'should I use
Dolphin?' I think the answer would have been a fairly resounding no.

--
Regards

Tony Hogarty
(Take out the garbage to reply)

Mary Fisher

"Tony Hogarty" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 08:32:14 -0800, Cenfus wrote:

These people target the Elderly and Infirm with offers of over-priced
bathrooms, and then seem only to give them bad advice and poor service.

I'm sorry for your experience - but you should have come here first rather
than after the event.

Yes, research is vital.

But one swallow doesn't make a summer and your parents' experience might not
be typical.

Mary

TheScullster

If you would have asked the question 'should I use
Dolphin?' I think the answer would have been a fairly resounding no.

Valid point Tony, but it is very useful for the group to be able to learn at
other's expense in this way. I feel that this is part of the reason for the
OPs site.
It took me the best part of a year to refurb my bathroom, having not done
much plumbing for about 10 years, but looking at evidence like this makes
the effort worthwhile.
Also, having seen pictures, it is more likely that the infamy (sp) of the
supplier will stick!

Phil

Tony Bryer

In article , Mary
Fisher wrote:
But one swallow doesn't make a summer and your parents' experience
might not be typical.

No, save that Dolphin and Moben are all part of the same group which
has a horrendous reputation. A few years back my mother asked
Dolphin to give a quote for a shower. She told the guy to cut the
sales pitch, this was what she wanted and how much would it be. In
the end AIUI she almost had to throw him out.

Owain

"Tony Hogarty" wrote
| I'm sorry for your experience - but you should have come
| here first rather than after the event. If you would
| have asked the question 'should I use Dolphin?' I
| think the answer would have been a fairly resounding no.

And are they any worse than Premier Bathrooms, whose easy-access bath proved
not so easy to egress when the lock broke

Owain

Brian Sharrock

"Cenfus" wrote in message
oups.com...
These people target the Elderly and Infirm with offers of over-priced
bathrooms, and then seem only to give them bad advice and poor service.

Here is an example of their behaviour:
http://home.btconnect.com/tg/dolphin.htm
Does anyone else have similar experience with these people?

Assuming that you are the referenced URL's author
I caution you to change the logo 'of a well-known company'
that appears at the URL (nice site by the way!)
- you're unlikely to be an authorised user and "they" might
be able to 'get' you.
You should change the logo to something _obviously_ not
that of the 'well known company" -I believe the technical term
is 'defaced'. ... an upside-down aquatic mammal perhaps?

--

Brian

Mary Fisher

"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
In article , Mary
Fisher wrote:
But one swallow doesn't make a summer and your parents' experience
might not be typical.

No, save that Dolphin and Moben are all part of the same group which
has a horrendous reputation. A few years back my mother asked
Dolphin to give a quote for a shower. She told the guy to cut the
sales pitch, this was what she wanted and how much would it be. In
the end AIUI she almost had to throw him out.

That's the way to do it!

Mary