Default Dishwasher Element got bent in transit.. Should I still use it?

I was looking for a replacement element for my Creda Dishwasher and
found that going direct to Creda was cheapest.

However, they had the nerve to charge =A35.00 for P&P, but all the did
was chuck it in a bag and throw it in the post.

Hardly surprising, when it arrived, it was a little bent in a few
places.

Most noticabley, instead of being 'L' shaped, it was more like a '7'.
It wasn't to much of problem bending it back to the right shape and
fortunatly, there are no 'kinks' in the element. I would guess that its
not designed to get bent, without proper tools so am not sure if any
damage (or weakness) has been done.

I complained to them and they are sending me another. But when I
checked today, they havn't even shipped it yet.

I was really hoping to get the dishwasher fixed and re-installed this
weekend, so wondered whether I live with the one I have, or wait for
the replacement to arrive.

How much of a problem would bending the element cause? Is it likely to
create any major damage or weakness??

Any info on this would be appreciated

Jon

And this is exactly why I don't want to risk it.

The reason I am replacing it is that my old one kept tripping the RCD.
When measured with a megger, it was reading 50Kohms between the
conductor and earth..

I don't want to spend all this time putting in an element which does
the same thing after a few uses..

Yep.. But even if it "meggered", OK there is still a risk that its been
weakened and may fail again in the future.

My big concern is that I don't 100% believe that it was the element..
All of the evidence (i.e Megger) says that it was... But if I fit this
element and it trips again.. Perhaps weeks, months or even years later,
I am likely to think that i wasn't the element after all, when it could
simply be the new element at fault.

I think I might just live without it for another weekend and wait for
the new element to arrive.

Jon