Simmo

Default Broken Window repair cost?

Does anyone have a clue how much it would cost to replace a 24mm sealed unit
approx size 1m x 1.2m to a first floor window.I have one which has a serious
condensation problem between the panes.If it gets "broken" and I claim on my
insurance I have to pay the first £50 and I am likely to loose no claims
discount.
Is it worth bothering the insurers
Thanks in advance for any helpful replies.
Simmo.

Lobster

Simmo wrote:
Does anyone have a clue how much it would cost to replace a 24mm sealed unit
approx size 1m x 1.2m to a first floor window.I have one which has a serious
condensation problem between the panes.If it gets "broken" and I claim on my
insurance I have to pay the first £50 and I am likely to loose no claims
discount.
Is it worth bothering the insurers

If you can d-i-y it, the cost of the new sealed unit will certainly be
under 50 quid (20 or 30?); but not if you get a pro in (I can only guess
what the labour cost would be for that would be. Doubt it would be
worth the insurance claim, anyway.

David

chris French

In message , Simmo
writes
Does anyone have a clue how much it would cost to replace a 24mm sealed unit
approx size 1m x 1.2m to a first floor window.I have one which has a serious
condensation problem between the panes.If it gets "broken" and I claim on my
insurance I have to pay the first £50 and I am likely to loose no claims
discount.
Is it worth bothering the insurers

I had two failed units replaced last year in hardwood frames - one a
fully glazed door, the other a similar, though a bit smaller window. It
cost GBP180 supply and fitting
--
Chris French, Leeds