Junior Member

Default PVA new screed floor?

I have just had an extension built and a new screed floor layed down. It keeps producing very fine dust every time you brush it. Before I lay down laminate flooring, I read here that maybe I should PVA the floor first like with new plaster. Is this correct and if so what ratio to water, if any? Is it ok to put self leveller down on this too?
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark
I have just had an extension built and a new screed floor layed down. It keeps producing very fine dust every time you brush it. Before I lay down laminate flooring, I read here that maybe I should PVA the floor first like with new plaster. Is this correct and if so what ratio to water, if any? Is it ok to put self leveller down on this too?
anyone help?
The Natural Philosopher

Mark wrote:

Mark Wrote:

I have just had an extension built and a new screed floor layed down.
It keeps producing very fine dust every time you brush it. Before I
lay down laminate flooring, I read here that maybe I should PVA the
floor first like with new plaster. Is this correct and if so what
ratio to water, if any? Is it ok to put self leveller down on this
too?

anyone help?

Yup. It really helps with dust etc.

I can't remember what mix I used - it was maybe 5 or 10:1 diluted from
the thick gooey creamy PVA in the gallon bottle.

Just slosh it about with a broom or floor mop or something, and leave
it a few days.

I levelled over it too - in fact its mandatory to use it before
levelling to stop the flioor grabbing moisture out of the levelling
compound.

BTW self levellingf compound is not self levelling in any sense of the
word., unless you can mix up about 200 gallons of it all at once and
cover your whole floor in one go, and then use agitators to keep it running.