Quigs

Default Water pipe bore and depth

Whats the largest bore water pipe you can connect to the house from
the mains and how deep does it have to be buried? i.e. can I bury it
nearer the surface it is in a protected position, like right by the
side of my footings about 18 inches down?
IMM

"Quigs" wrote in message
om...

Whats the largest bore water pipe you can connect to the house from
the mains

As large as you like. The water comy connects it to the stop cock. So, if
they say you are getting a 25mm MDPE pipe and you want a larger bore because
of the length from pavement to the house, just provide them with the
reducers to 25mm.

and how deep does it have to be buried?

From 700mm to 1 metre depending on water company.

i.e. can I bury it nearer the surface it
is in a protected position, like right by the
side of my footings about 18 inches down?

No. minimum 700mm. Depending on the water company, if you are on a meter
they will allow overground black MDPE pipe, but with heavy lagging and maybe
trace heating to keep it from freezing. All assessed case by case.

Rick Hughes

"Quigs" wrote in message
om...
Whats the largest bore water pipe you can connect to the house from
the mains and how deep does it have to be buried? i.e. can I bury it
nearer the surface it is in a protected position, like right by the
side of my footings about 18 inches down?

You can go as big as you like ... but for a domestic house as long as you
have normal pressure and a typical run. the water authority will probably
limit you to 25mm.

If you push them they may give you 32mm.

In any event the depth of the pipe is 750mm

Rick