Tony

Default Adjusting a Velux window - Help.

I installed a Velux GGL - 6 on a sloping roof about 15 years ago. In
certain conditions (usually light rain) it leaks in one corner, but
this can be stopped by opening it a little. A close examination
reveals that the inner frame, holding the glass, is very slightly out
of alignment with the outer - 2 or 3 mm over a 900mm length, leaving a
larger gap on the leaking side.

Can any one give me a clue as to what to adjust to correct the
alignment, for I can see no obvious method and, unfortunately, do not
have the fitting instructions? TIA.

Tony.

Omit cymru to email.
Alan James

"Tony" wrote in message
om...
I installed a Velux GGL - 6 on a sloping roof about 15 years ago. In
certain conditions (usually light rain) it leaks in one corner, but
this can be stopped by opening it a little. A close examination
reveals that the inner frame, holding the glass, is very slightly out
of alignment with the outer - 2 or 3 mm over a 900mm length, leaving a
larger gap on the leaking side.

Can any one give me a clue as to what to adjust to correct the
alignment, for I can see no obvious method and, unfortunately, do not
have the fitting instructions? TIA.

I think its too late once the outer fame is installed. However I would be
surprised if that's the reason for the leak. More likely the flashing is
damaged or misaligned or a drainage channel blocked (or leaking). Check
these things first.

Alan

Harry Bloomfield

Tony expressed precisely :
I installed a Velux GGL - 6 on a sloping roof about 15 years ago. In
certain conditions (usually light rain) it leaks in one corner, but
this can be stopped by opening it a little. A close examination
reveals that the inner frame, holding the glass, is very slightly out
of alignment with the outer - 2 or 3 mm over a 900mm length, leaving a
larger gap on the leaking side.

Can any one give me a clue as to what to adjust to correct the
alignment, for I can see no obvious method and, unfortunately, do not
have the fitting instructions? TIA.

Tony.

Omit cymru to email.

To adjust the alignment of the frame, you would need to remove the
tiles and the flashing under them along either side. The frame is fixed
to the rafters by four or more L brackets which allow up/down and
left/right adjustments to be made.

I doubt the misalignment of the frame is the cause of the leak, more
likely it will be due to some other cause such as damaged or loose
flashing.

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.org

Illogic Bomb

Harry Bloomfield wrote in
k:

Tony expressed precisely :
[...]

UTTER PERVERSION!

--
Phil Kyle, Interweb Leg end

http://philkyle2003.reachme.at/

"Can we put the recent unpleasantness behind us?"

- Craig "Fatboi" Oldfield