Marcus Fox

Default Wireless doorbell recommendation...

Looking for a wireless doorbell type device, to be used as a remote security
call button. Ringer powered by batteries or plugs into mains socket, no
wires. Wireless between transmitter/receiver for ease of installation, able
to work through one wall at a distance of approximately 15-20 feet. Must
have a ringing or buzzing sound that cuts out when the button is released,
no annoying chimes that go on for ages. Loud enough so it can be heard over
disco music by someone standing 2-3 feet away from the bell/buzzer.

Can anyone recommend a specific product that can be purchased in shops, not
off the Internet. Cost is not really an issue, as I'm not paying for it out
of my own pocket, so not looking for cheap and nasty, but obviously the
person paying for it isn't going to pay silly prices.

Marcus

Mike

"Marcus Fox" wrote in
message news
[...]

B&Q one is fine. But do get the one that plugs into mains as the batteries
flatten too regularly.

Lurch

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 04:30:13 GMT, "Marcus Fox"
strung together this:

Can anyone recommend a specific product that can be purchased in shops, not
off the Internet.

Friedland do a wireless adaptor that will connect to an existing
buzzer\bell and will enable the bell push to be wireless.
I think most, if not all, wireless doorbell kits come with ding dongs.
--

SJW
Andrew Chesters

Marcus Fox wrote:
Looking for a wireless doorbell type device, to be used as a remote security
call button. Ringer powered by batteries or plugs into mains socket, no
wires. Wireless between transmitter/receiver for ease of installation, able
to work through one wall at a distance of approximately 15-20 feet. Must
have a ringing or buzzing sound that cuts out when the button is released,
no annoying chimes that go on for ages. Loud enough so it can be heard over
disco music by someone standing 2-3 feet away from the bell/buzzer.

Can anyone recommend a specific product that can be purchased in shops, not
off the Internet. Cost is not really an issue, as I'm not paying for it out
of my own pocket, so not looking for cheap and nasty, but obviously the
person paying for it isn't going to pay silly prices.

Marcus

Couple of pitfalls here. One would be the neighbours. If they too have
one, your client's could go off at inconvienient times. Happened to me
just this W/E. Secondly, "to be heard over disco music"? You may have
to wire the reciever to some semtex, or at least a flashing light of
some sort.

Andrew
Lurch

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 21:49:08 +0000, Andrew Chesters
strung together this:

Couple of pitfalls here. One would be the neighbours. If they too have
one, your client's could go off at inconvienient times. Happened to me
just this W/E.

Change the channel then.

Secondly, "to be heard over disco music"? You may have
to wire the reciever to some semtex, or at least a flashing light of
some sort.

Friedland do a receiver with flashing lights built in.
--

SJW