Peter Andrews

Default MK Sentry (old style) MCB

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement 32A MCB for a MK Sentry
(circa 1975?) - local wholesaler says they are rarer that rocking horse
s..t, and suggests that I replace the entire consumer unit!! Not impressed.

Peter

Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Peter Andrews" writes:
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement 32A MCB for a MK Sentry
(circa 1975?) - local wholesaler says they are rarer that rocking horse
s..t, and suggests that I replace the entire consumer unit!! Not impressed.

MK do a kit for mounting up to 3 current MCB's into an older
Sentry CU (they say suitable for non-'s' suffix and non-'K'
prefix CU's). Part number is 5567s. If you want to fit more
than 3, then you also need a replacement busbar, part 5511s.

--
Andrew Gabriel
simon beer

"Peter Andrews" wrote in message
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement 32A MCB for a MK Sentry
(circa 1975?) - local wholesaler says they are rarer that rocking horse
s..t, and suggests that I replace the entire consumer unit!! Not

impressed.

Peter

I think you may be able to get a conversion thingy to use a new one in an
old box. Can on some models anyhow.

sort of thing Id expect to find on ebay!

Lurch

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 17:22:10 GMT, "Peter Andrews"
strung together this:

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement 32A MCB for a MK Sentry
(circa 1975?) - local wholesaler says they are rarer that rocking horse
s..t, and suggests that I replace the entire consumer unit!! Not impressed.

There's a fair chance I've got one amongst the three hooj boxfulls of
MCB's that I've collected over the years.
--

SJW

Peter Andrews

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
"Peter Andrews" writes:
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement 32A MCB for a MK Sentry
(circa 1975?) - local wholesaler says they are rarer that rocking horse
s..t, and suggests that I replace the entire consumer unit!! Not
impressed.

MK do a kit for mounting up to 3 current MCB's into an older
Sentry CU (they say suitable for non-'s' suffix and non-'K'
prefix CU's). Part number is 5567s. If you want to fit more
than 3, then you also need a replacement busbar, part 5511s.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Many thanks - that's just what I need. ...and the wholesaler specifically
said that there wasn't a mod available, but did offer a deal on a new CU
:-).

Peter

Andrew Gabriel

"Peter Andrews" writes:
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement 32A MCB for a MK Sentry
(circa 1975?) - local wholesaler says they are rarer that rocking horse
s..t, and suggests that I replace the entire consumer unit!! Not
impressed.

MK do a kit for mounting up to 3 current MCB's into an older
Sentry CU (they say suitable for non-'s' suffix and non-'K'
prefix CU's). Part number is 5567s. If you want to fit more
than 3, then you also need a replacement busbar, part 5511s.

Many thanks - that's just what I need. ...and the wholesaler specifically
said that there wasn't a mod available, but did offer a deal on a new CU

Some of the larger B&Q's stock quite a few of the obscure MK
CU accessories. I can't claim I've seen this specific item,
but it might be worth a rummage through the shelves to see.

--
Andrew Gabriel
dave

"Peter Andrews" wrote in message
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement 32A MCB for a MK Sentry
(circa 1975?) - local wholesaler says they are rarer that rocking horse
s..t, and suggests that I replace the entire consumer unit!! Not
impressed.

Peter

Peter
I have a couple of LN5930 Type 2 if they are any good.

Dave