Stuck SDS Bit

Old January 23rd 05, 04:44 PM
Steve Lowe

Default Stuck SDS Bit

After successfully drilling a 15mm dia hole through a wall to route a
cable I now find that the SDS masonry bit is stuck in my Makita 24v
cordless SDS drill. No amount of pulling the release collar seems to
free the bit, I've tried lightly tapping the bit with a hammer to free
it to no avail. I know it shouldn't make and difference but I've
tried to remove the bit with the control button on all 3 settings, ie
drill only / hammer drill / roto stop but it just won't budge.

Any tips on what to try next.

Thanks,

splowe.

- Steve Lowe
- E-Mail :
- Before Replying Remove .NO.SPAM
- UK Resident although my e-mail address is usa.net