Default cooker ignition

I've got a Cannon Camberley gas cooker and cannot get the electrode to
spark in the grill . The bottom oven and ring burners are perfect,
spark every time. I have tried cleaning existing electrode with a nylon
brush and inspected for loose cables. It sparks intermittently, about
once every 30 clicks. I have noticed that the grill electrode works
fine when the top oven is started, weird!

I have changed the electrode with a new original part, and has not
cured the problem.

about the cooker socket Jason UK diy 11 October 27th 04 11:33 PM
tic-tic-tic Cozy Counterflow w/Robertshaw ignition Ron Thomas Home Repair 0 October 10th 04 06:35 PM
Regulations for fitting a Gas cooker. Lee Conway UK diy 3 October 1st 04 01:12 AM
gas cooker won't stay alight D Simmonds UK diy 7 June 13th 04 04:49 PM
Electrics - Replace full electric cooker with a duel fuel cooker Chi UK diy 11 December 16th 03 03:44 PM