JohnBoy

Default emulsion paint (matt) finish

Hi,

I've just painted a couple of bedrooms using a roller, and am not
happy with the finish.

The finish has come out egg-shell, rather than smooth.

I did clean with sugar soap and sand down first.

The paint is Dulux matt magnolia. I did not dilute.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,

JohnBoy

Biggles

JohnBoy wrote:
Hi,

I've just painted a couple of bedrooms using a roller, and am not
happy with the finish.

The finish has come out egg-shell, rather than smooth.

I did clean with sugar soap and sand down first.

The paint is Dulux matt magnolia. I did not dilute.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,

JohnBoy

Thin 10-15% with water, use a short pile roller. Be prepared to put more
coats on than it says on the tin. Thinned paint seems to dry more
quickly, so by the time you've got round the room, you can start putting
another coat on.

Biggles
Remove packaging to e-mail me
Biggles

The Natural Philosopher

Biggles wrote:

JohnBoy wrote:

Hi,

I've just painted a couple of bedrooms using a roller, and am not
happy with the finish.

The finish has come out egg-shell, rather than smooth.

I did clean with sugar soap and sand down first.

The paint is Dulux matt magnolia. I did not dilute.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,

JohnBoy

Thin 10-15% with water, use a short pile roller. Be prepared to put more
coats on than it says on the tin. Thinned paint seems to dry more
quickly, so by the time you've got round the room, you can start putting
another coat on.

Use Farrow and Ball paint, and get the mattest thickest most pigmented
paint layer you have ever seen.

It really actually does live up to its reputation. Even applied with a
roller.

Biggles
Remove packaging to e-mail me
Biggles

Tony Hogarty

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 08:12:42 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Use Farrow and Ball paint, and get the mattest thickest most pigmented
paint layer you have ever seen.

It really actually does live up to its reputation. Even applied with a
roller.

What reputation is that, for being the most outrageously expensive?

--
Regards

Tony Hogarty
(Take out the garbage to reply)