gerry mcallister

Default rubberised flooring

I am looking to source some rubberised flooring suitable for a bathroom.
The stuff that i have in mind has a 'dimple' in it about every 3 inches
on centre. I have spotted some like this in a few places but it seems to
be very expensive. Does anyone have any idea of where i could get some
at a reasonable cost? Oh, it has to be cream-ish in colour!

Thanks
Gerry

gerry mcallister

gerry mcallister wrote:
I am looking to source some rubberised flooring suitable for a bathroom.
The stuff that i have in mind has a 'dimple' in it about every 3 inches
on centre. I have spotted some like this in a few places but it seems to
be very expensive. Does anyone have any idea of where i could get some
at a reasonable cost? Oh, it has to be cream-ish in colour!

Thanks
Gerry

Pictures of the flooring that i want are he
http://www.therubberflooringcompany....ail/retail.htm

£40 per square m seems a bit much though!!!
.

In article , gerry mcallister
writes
I am looking to source some rubberised flooring suitable for a bathroom.
The stuff that i have in mind has a 'dimple' in it about every 3 inches
on centre. I have spotted some like this in a few places but it seems to
be very expensive. Does anyone have any idea of where i could get some
at a reasonable cost? Oh, it has to be cream-ish in colour!

Thanks
Gerry

sounds like Altro safety flooring, not cheap though, they are based in
Welwyn Garden City, Herts
--
..
TonyK

"gerry mcallister" wrote in message
I am looking to source some rubberised flooring suitable for a bathroom.
The stuff that i have in mind has a 'dimple' in it about every 3 inches
on centre. I have spotted some like this in a few places but it seems to
be very expensive. Does anyone have any idea of where i could get some
at a reasonable cost? Oh, it has to be cream-ish in colour!

Thanks
Gerry

I came very close to putting a lot of this in last year in a shower room and
even though it was not in the shower cubicle the manufacturers would not
recommend it as it became very slippery when walked on if it got wet. Sort
of defeats the object if you ask me!

Markus Splenius

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 16:03:09 +0000, gerry mcallister
wrote:

Pictures of the flooring that i want are he
http://www.therubberflooringcompany....ail/retail.htm

Hmm - what's that skirting they are trying to dump? Is that made of
rubber too?

M.

nightjar

"gerry mcallister" wrote in message
I am looking to source some rubberised flooring suitable for a bathroom.
The stuff that i have in mind has a 'dimple' in it about every 3 inches on
centre. I have spotted some like this in a few places but it seems to be
very expensive. Does anyone have any idea of where i could get some at a
reasonable cost? Oh, it has to be cream-ish in colour!

That is an industrial flooring and there is no such thing as industrial
flooring at reasonable cost, unless you are comparing it to other industrial
flooring. ISTR it usually comes in black grey red and blue, possibly green
too. However, my experience of the tile version of this flooring is that it
becomes slippery when wet, so it may not be a good choice for a bathroom.

Colin Bignell

Anna Kettle

I am looking to source some rubberised flooring suitable for a bathroom.
The stuff that i have in mind has a 'dimple' in it about every 3 inches on
centre. I have spotted some like this in a few places but it seems to be
very expensive. Does anyone have any idea of where i could get some at a
reasonable cost? Oh, it has to be cream-ish in colour!

I thought this would be good to fit in my last kitchen but the company
that I was trying to buy it from talked me out of it. They said that
it would always look crap cos it is designed for use in places where
there is someone on a sit-on washer/vacuum machine going round
cleaning it the whole time. In a kitchen, crud would settle between
the dimples and be a PITA to keep clean

Anna

~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Lime plaster repairs
/ ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc
|____| www.kettlenet.co.uk 01359 230642

Ian White

nightjar wrote:

"gerry mcallister" wrote in message
I am looking to source some rubberised flooring suitable for a bathroom.
The stuff that i have in mind has a 'dimple' in it about every 3 inches on
centre. I have spotted some like this in a few places but it seems to be
very expensive. Does anyone have any idea of where i could get some at a
reasonable cost? Oh, it has to be cream-ish in colour!

That is an industrial flooring and there is no such thing as industrial
flooring at reasonable cost, unless you are comparing it to other
industrial flooring. ISTR it usually comes in black grey red and blue,
possibly green too. However, my experience of the tile version of this
flooring is that it becomes slippery when wet, so it may not be a good
choice for a bathroom.

It's excellent for a kitchen, though. We saw it in a kitchen on the
Continent and decided to give it a try. More than 15 years later, ours
has survived everything from routine trodden-in grit to a kamikaze can
of white emulsion. It easily washes clean, and buffs up nicely when we
occasionally get around to it. A bonus is that dropped glasses and
crockery stand a fair chance of surviving.

Contrary to what Anna was told, the surface definitely doesn't trap dirt
- much less than the grouted gaps between tiles do. The tile edges are
meant to be laid hard up against each other so the joins are
self-sealing and practically invisible (for example, there weren't any
gaps for that white emulsion to get into).

We don't routinely walk around the wet kitchen floor in bare feet, but
we haven't noticed that it's especially slippery when wet - again, no
more than wet hard tiling would be.

From our experience, we'd definitely use it again for a kitchen.

--
Ian White