Tc7

Default Pilot light out and vibrations on a Potterton Puma 80 combi

Hi folks. I`m not too hot on combi boilers!

My problem has been esculating. When the hot water tap is turned on
you get a bit of hot water then usually when you turn it off you can
hear a huge pipe vibration. The pilot light then has to be
re-ignited.

The radiators also appear very hot but that maybe a red herring.

I have had a bit of experience on a normal boiler and changed a
thermocouple (?) before. Docombi boilers use thermo couplers? Is
that the fault? How easy are they changed on this model (Potterton
Puma 80)?

An embarresing fact is that I can`t work out how to remove the boiler
cover. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Tc

Just done a quick test. If the upstairs tap is turned on for 20
seconds, ten seconds later the boiler (downstairs) makes a huge
vibrating noise and all flames go out (including the pilot).

Help!

Tc

BigWallop

wrote in message
oups.com...
Just done a quick test. If the upstairs tap is turned on for 20
seconds, ten seconds later the boiler (downstairs) makes a huge
vibrating noise and all flames go out (including the pilot).

Help!

Tc

Get someone in to look at for you Tc. It could be a multitude of things
that will take forever to explain and test if you have to keep coming back
and forth to the group for more info' on it. Get a man in, is your quickest
and safest method on this one mate. :-( sorry :-(

Ed Sirett

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 00:59:05 -0800, tc7 wrote:

Just done a quick test. If the upstairs tap is turned on for 20
seconds, ten seconds later the boiler (downstairs) makes a huge
vibrating noise and all flames go out (including the pilot).

The boiler is over heating. There could be a number of reasons for this
but the vibration sounds like localized boiler due to lack of flow.

The O/H stat kills the thermocouple.

So:
Does the pump stop?
May the O/H stat is at fault (but that won't explain the vibrations).
Controller problems?

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk