John Stumbles

Default replacing Zanussi oven fan

Anyone done this on a Zanussi built-in ZBG 861? According to the manual the
fan is there to keep the control knobs (which are on the fascia above the
door) cool: on this one it's failed and the trim around the knobs has
softened and distorted. The manual doesn't give any clue how to get at the
fan but it does say getting the oven in and out is a 2-person job, so I
don't want to attack it before I have a good idea how to go abut it!

tia

--
John Stumbles
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Shrek

"John Stumbles" ] wrote in message
Anyone done this on a Zanussi built-in ZBG 861? According to the manual

the
fan is there to keep the control knobs (which are on the fascia above the
door) cool: on this one it's failed and the trim around the knobs has
softened and distorted. The manual doesn't give any clue how to get at the
fan but it does say getting the oven in and out is a 2-person job, so I
don't want to attack it before I have a good idea how to go abut it!

tia

This is one of the easier fans to replace, you need to take the back off and
the fan is just bolted to the frame. The nuts tend to have a coating of
grease on them, so they don't rust and are fairly easy to remove.

--
Ian Tilley
Ex-Kirklees Domestic Engineers

Marcus

I removed a Zanussi built in electric fan type double oven from my kitchen a
couple of years ago.

Undid the fixings screws and then slid it out and down on to a Black&Decker
workmate to support it while I reached in and undid the power connection on
the wall behind. (AFTER REMOVING FUSE FOR COOKER CIRCUIT AT FUSE BOX!!!!)

I guess you could work on it this manner, to lift it off from the workmate
and carry it outside got a bit of help from the lady of the house. It is not
that they are so heavy, just bulky and little to hold on to.

P.S.IMPORTANT NOTE!!!! : when lifting IT wear tough leather gloves, there
can be many sharp sheet metal edges to cut you. (A mate of mine (a kitchen
fitter by trade !!) once tried to lift a new oven in to place on his own
with the thing resting on his thighs, needed about 6 stitches afterwards !)

--
Regards
Marcus

Zanussi dishwasher just stops Gary Wooding UK diy 3 July 31st 03 03:00 AM
homark oven element Velvet UK diy 1 July 29th 03 08:04 PM
Candy Oven Door John UK diy 0 July 27th 03 07:11 PM
Zanussi fan ovens Phil Jones UK diy 2 July 10th 03 01:01 PM
Zanussi washing machine - blown program selector Mat UK diy 1 July 9th 03 02:09 AM