ff

Default 6" inch imperial bathroom tiles finding?

Just a couple of tiles around our shower are cracked but they are 6"
imperial not metric 150mm (oddly only dating about ten years old).

Does anyone know where we might be able to find a few imperial tiles
to stop us having to replace the lot. Ideally white but I would try
and fit in anything... Tried ebay but can just find decorated
victorian tiles for £20 each.

Anyway thought it was worth a try

Thanks for any ideas.
BigWallop

"ff" wrote in message
Just a couple of tiles around our shower are cracked but they are 6"
imperial not metric 150mm (oddly only dating about ten years old).

Does anyone know where we might be able to find a few imperial tiles
to stop us having to replace the lot. Ideally white but I would try
and fit in anything... Tried ebay but can just find decorated
victorian tiles for £20 each.

Anyway thought it was worth a try

Thanks for any ideas.

If you can get a small sample of the old tile, and its dimensions, then Topps
Tiles might be able to help you. They have found older designs of tiles for us
in the recent past.

T i m

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 21:59:04 +0000, ff
wrote:

Just a couple of tiles around our shower are cracked but they are 6"
imperial not metric 150mm (oddly only dating about ten years old).

Does anyone know where we might be able to find a few imperial tiles
to stop us having to replace the lot. Ideally white but I would try
and fit in anything... Tried ebay but can just find decorated
victorian tiles for £20 each.

Anyway thought it was worth a try

Thanks for any ideas.

Em, unless Mum has figured out how to fire up my SDS tile remover her
bathroom is covered with 6" white tiles?

How many do you need?

All the best ..

T i m

John Rumm

ff wrote:

Does anyone know where we might be able to find a few imperial tiles
to stop us having to replace the lot. Ideally white but I would try
and fit in anything... Tried ebay but can just find decorated
victorian tiles for £20 each.

How about the next size of tile larger, plus an electric tile saw ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

choco

BigWallop wrote:
"ff" wrote in message

Just a couple of tiles around our shower are cracked but they are 6"
imperial not metric 150mm (oddly only dating about ten years old).

Does anyone know where we might be able to find a few imperial tiles
to stop us having to replace the lot. Ideally white but I would try
and fit in anything... Tried ebay but can just find decorated
victorian tiles for £20 each.

Anyway thought it was worth a try

Thanks for any ideas.

If you can get a small sample of the old tile, and its dimensions, then Topps
Tiles might be able to help you. They have found older designs of tiles for us
in the recent past.

I tried to get these (in white) from Topps about a year ago and they
told me that these tiles were now impossible to find in this country
(could've been a ruse to sell a whole set of new tiles of course)
Jackie Whitehouse

"ff" wrote in message
Just a couple of tiles around our shower are cracked but they are 6"
imperial not metric 150mm (oddly only dating about ten years old).

Does anyone know where we might be able to find a few imperial tiles
to stop us having to replace the lot. Ideally white but I would try
and fit in anything... Tried ebay but can just find decorated
victorian tiles for £20 each.

Anyway thought it was worth a try

Thanks for any ideas.

Ive got half a dozen outside my back door that were left over from my
bathroom can have them if you like

Rick Hughes

"ff" wrote in message
Just a couple of tiles around our shower are cracked but they are 6"
imperial not metric 150mm (oddly only dating about ten years old).

Does anyone know where we might be able to find a few imperial tiles
to stop us having to replace the lot. Ideally white but I would try
and fit in anything... Tried ebay but can just find decorated
victorian tiles for £20 each.

Anyway thought it was worth a try

any salvage yard should have some .... or walk past a skip where someone is
renovating a 60's pile.

ff

Does anyone know where we might be able to find a few imperial tiles

Thanks for the thoughts and offers. I had no luck finding any 152mm
tiles anywere. In the end we did it the easy way and just put in 150mm
tiles with a thicker grout space inbetween. Actually it does not look
that bad as the glary reflective white makes it hard to see the
detail. Mind you if you do notice it makes it look like the tiles are
sliding down the wall...

Still its not that smart a bathroom

Thanks again

Ed Sirett

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 21:35:50 +0000, ff wrote:

Does anyone know where we might be able to find a few imperial tiles

Thanks for the thoughts and offers. I had no luck finding any 152mm
tiles anywere. In the end we did it the easy way and just put in 150mm
tiles with a thicker grout space inbetween. Actually it does not look
that bad as the glary reflective white makes it hard to see the
detail. Mind you if you do notice it makes it look like the tiles are
sliding down the wall...

.... Turns out that homebase value basic white tiles are 6".
As I discovered when trying to patch a small area the other week.