Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Parking Penalties are OK

The Supreme Court has today dismissed the appeal by Beavis and has said,
if I've read it correctly, that the £85 penalty is reasonable.

https://www.supremecourt.uk/cases/do...ss-summary.pdf

Peter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/11/2015 12:10, Peter Andrews wrote:
The Supreme Court has today dismissed the appeal by Beavis and has said,
if I've read it correctly, that the £85 penalty is reasonable.

https://www.supremecourt.uk/cases/do...ss-summary.pdf

Peter

Upon re reading I think I should have titled this as Parking Charges are
OK and that the £85 charge is reasonable.

Peter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Peter Andrews" wrote in message ...
On 04/11/2015 12:10, Peter Andrews wrote:
The Supreme Court has today dismissed the appeal by Beavis and has said,
if I've read it correctly, that the £85 penalty is reasonable.

https://www.supremecourt.uk/cases/do...ss-summary.pdf

Peter

Upon re reading I think I should have titled this as Parking Charges are OK and that
the £85 charge is reasonable.

Peter

I'd imagine that just so long as the charges are roughly in line with what local
authorities
are charging for overstaying, I can't really see how any such appeal could possibly
succeed.

quote

Further, the charge was neither extravagant nor unconscionable, having regard to practice
around the
United Kingdom, and taking into account the use of this particular car park and the clear
wording
of the notices [100-101].

https://www.supremecourt.uk/cases/do...ss-summary.pdf

To repeat "practice around the United Kingdom"

So that with all due respect, both Beavis

"It has decided these charges are allowed because they are not excessive - so what is
excessive?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-34721126

and
Steve Gooding, director of motoring charity RAC Foundation, .....said judges had not
given
any clear direction on what figure would be excessive.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-34721126
are talking out of their arses

michael adams

parking OT? Tim Lamb[_2_] UK diy 37 October 7th 15 06:37 PM
Proposed diesel car penalties - E-Petition Harry Bloomfield[_3_] UK diy 70 August 12th 14 11:49 AM
No More Death Penalties for Killing Police or Informants Country Carpenter Home Repair 0 June 17th 13 03:48 PM
Why should we accept the Amnesty Bill, It has No Enforced Security, No Real Penalties, and therefore it is not Comprehensive! Ted Home Repair 9 June 18th 07 01:04 AM
Penalties for not getting building regs approval? Brad J UK diy 5 November 30th 04 08:55 PM