D.White

Default Multiple fan oven (Neff) element failure!

Hello All,

just wondering if anyone can shed any light on this scenario :

I bought a Neff B1641 oven new in 2000, no problems until this year when the
fan ring element went (all melted in one area, no heat). So forked out £35
for a replacement direct from Neff (next day service , good). All's well
for a couple of months then no heat again .... after inspection (nothing
obvious this time) but open circuit on testing. So another replacement
element obtained and all's well again for another couple of months and guess
what.... it's gone again all melted this time.

Before I install another one, have I just been unlucky or could there be
some underlying fault here ....3 elements in less than a year sounds strange
to me......any ideas?

BTW this oven is a hydro clean one which I clean fairly regularly 5-6 times
a year. I just use fairy liquid in the water I put in the base to heat up.
Could using this system be a problem?

Thx

Dave W

Brian Sharrock

"D.White" wrote in message
Hello All,

just wondering if anyone can shed any light on this scenario :

I bought a Neff B1641 oven new in 2000, no problems until this year when

the
fan ring element went (all melted in one area, no heat). So forked out £35
for a replacement direct from Neff (next day service , good). All's well
for a couple of months then no heat again .... after inspection (nothing
obvious this time) but open circuit on testing. So another replacement
element obtained and all's well again for another couple of months and

guess
what.... it's gone again all melted this time.

Before I install another one, have I just been unlucky or could there be
some underlying fault here ....3 elements in less than a year sounds

strange
to me......any ideas?

Our (then two year old) Neff oven suffered a failed ring element , just
before Christmas, last year!

BTW this oven is a hydro clean one which I clean fairly regularly 5-6

times
a year. I just use fairy liquid in the water I put in the base to heat up.
Could using this system be a problem?

We used the hydro-clean 'feature' when the oven was new .. but
couldn't be bothered after a few 'go's. I shouldn't think that
contributed to your problem, particularly when one considers
the 'effluent' of roasting joints, casseroles, and all the other
things cooked in the oven. But then: what do I know?

--

Brian

Badger

D.White wrote:
[...]

Sounds like the fans not circulating the air properly causing
hot-spotting, could be stuck/running slow (bearings?) or the impellors
out of place?

Niel, former bell-end engineer.
D.White

Thx for all your input...have checked the fan and it rotates fine but I will
leave the covering back plate off for a while so I can see it easily in case
its something intermittent. Checked the voltage across the element and was
as it should be and the new element has a resistance of 22 ohms so not much
else I can do, so its fingers crossed.
I'll post back if I find any other faults or it goes again (

D W

NEFF Built-in oven Dougie Nisbet UK diy 12 August 16th 04 09:30 AM
Spare element for Cookers oven Gary Cavie UK diy 3 May 19th 04 05:17 PM
GE oven element Curmudgeon Home Repair 4 March 9th 04 04:14 AM
Neff double oven not working Mark UK diy 2 March 6th 04 06:05 PM
homark oven element Velvet UK diy 1 July 29th 03 07:04 PM