DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Microbore Radiator Valves - TRV? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/80055-microbore-radiator-valves-trv.html)

FormbyMax December 1st 04 07:33 PM

Microbore Radiator Valves - TRV?

Hi,

The pipe that feeds water to the far end of one of my radiators has become
corroded to the point of disintegration. I plan to get a new valve (dual
entry) to replace the current one. Do these come with the required pipe?
Where can I get these valves? Is it possible to get thermostatic valves
for an 8mm microbore dual entry system? Again, where are these available?

Many thanks in advance,

Max

John December 1st 04 08:54 PM

"FormbyMax" wrote in message
. 200...
Hi,

The pipe that feeds water to the far end of one of my radiators has become
corroded to the point of disintegration. I plan to get a new valve (dual
entry) to replace the current one. Do these come with the required pipe?
Where can I get these valves? Is it possible to get thermostatic valves
for an 8mm microbore dual entry system? Again, where are these available?

Many thanks in advance,

Max

I have the same twin entry valves (Yorkshire Maxitwin). The pipe inside my
radiators is nylon. The end is filed to a taper and it then threads itself
into the valve inlet.

I needed to replace one in a hurry 3 years ago and ended up scrounging a
used one from a plumber who was changing a system. Might be available from
IMI Yorkshire (look in Valves 1469 part number)

Maxitwin radiator valve.
compression inlet x BSP taper male union outlet. Available in plain and
chrome plated finish.

--

Regards

John

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

John December 1st 04 09:09 PM

--
"FormbyMax" wrote in message
. 200...
Hi,

The pipe that feeds water to the far end of one of my radiators has become
corroded to the point of disintegration. I plan to get a new valve (dual
entry) to replace the current one. Do these come with the required pipe?
Where can I get these valves? Is it possible to get thermostatic valves
for an 8mm microbore dual entry system? Again, where are these available?

Many thanks in advance,

Max

Try this:

http://www.yorkshirefittings.co.uk/f...d=06&defsub=40

TRV versions have not been made as far as I have ascertained.

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

FormbyMax December 1st 04 11:09 PM

"John" wrote in news:nqqrd.749$pO.424@newsfe5-
gui.ntli.net:

http://www.yorkshirefittings.co.uk/f...d=06&defsub=40

many thanks. now to find a stockist........

tarquinlinbin December 2nd 04 02:45 PM

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 19:33:09 GMT, FormbyMax wrote:

Hi,

The pipe that feeds water to the far end of one of my radiators has become
corroded to the point of disintegration. I plan to get a new valve (dual
entry) to replace the current one. Do these come with the required pipe?
Where can I get these valves? Is it possible to get thermostatic valves
for an 8mm microbore dual entry system? Again, where are these available?

Many thanks in advance,

Max

As far as I am aware,there is no such thing as a dual entry TRV.
Regarding the type of valve of which you speak,it is common practice
to use a length of 8mm or is it 10mm microbore tubing as a replacement
for the bit of pipe that slots inside the rad,such it have got
lost/damaged. A bit of microbore is a snug twist fit in the valve.
Failing that,if you want TRV,then youll have to re=pipe the rad with a
vavle at each end and ditch the twin entry vavle..

joe