Hugo Nebula

Default Anyone looking for a good central heating company in N Liverpool or Wirral?

If anyone in the North Liverpool or Wirral areas is looking for a good
central heating company, _DON'T_ use Merseyside Central Heating Ltd.

They replaced a central heating boiler and hot water cylinder for my
79 year old mother with a bottom of the range, 78% efficient bog
standard cast iron boiler, and the hot water cylinder without the
factory applied 35mm PU foam. Both in exactly the same location, so
no extensive alterations to the pipework, etc.

Even though the existing system had no room thermostat and relied
solely on TRVs, they didn't upgrade these controls as they are
required to do. They didn't even fit a bypass, when the installation
instructions say quite explicitly that they should. They didn't
supply a benchmark certificate.

All this for the bargain sum of £2,200.
--
Hugo Nebula
'What you have to ask yourself is, "if no-one on the internet wants
Andy Hall

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 08:51:44 +0000, Hugo Nebula abuse@localhost
wrote:

If anyone in the North Liverpool or Wirral areas is looking for a good
central heating company, _DON'T_ use Merseyside Central Heating Ltd.

They replaced a central heating boiler and hot water cylinder for my
79 year old mother with a bottom of the range, 78% efficient bog
standard cast iron boiler, and the hot water cylinder without the
factory applied 35mm PU foam. Both in exactly the same location, so
no extensive alterations to the pipework, etc.

Even though the existing system had no room thermostat and relied
solely on TRVs, they didn't upgrade these controls as they are
required to do. They didn't even fit a bypass, when the installation
instructions say quite explicitly that they should. They didn't
supply a benchmark certificate.

All this for the bargain sum of £2,200.

I thought that it wss no longer allowed to fit cylinders without
insulation? Or did they put a jacket on? Even so, there are a
bunch of other shortcomings as you say.....

I trust you've educated them on the error of their ways.......?

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
IMM

"Hugo Nebula" abuse@localhost wrote in message

[...]

I hope you are contacting the relevant authority. Is this company a
fly-by-nighter, or pretty large? If large then contacting them directly may
bring results. Must be armed with the regs, chapter and verse though.

Owain

"Hugo Nebula" wrote
| They replaced a central heating boiler and hot water cylinder
| for my 79 year old mother ... All this for the bargain sum of
| £2,200.

I think your mother should get British Gas in to do the job properly and sue
for the difference :-)

They picked the wrong client there, didn't they.

Owain

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Hugo Nebula abuse@localhost wrote:
They replaced a central heating boiler and hot water cylinder for my
79 year old mother with a bottom of the range, 78% efficient bog
standard cast iron boiler, and the hot water cylinder without the
factory applied 35mm PU foam.

You've got a determinedly independant mother too, then? ;-)

--
*The most common name in the world is Mohammed *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

tarquinlinbin

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 12:47:50 -0000, "Owain"
wrote:

"Hugo Nebula" wrote
| They replaced a central heating boiler and hot water cylinder
| for my 79 year old mother ... All this for the bargain sum of
| £2,200.

I think your mother should get British Gas in to do the job properly and sue
for the difference :-)

They picked the wrong client there, didn't they.

Owain

Oh no,dont suggest British Gas!!,according to this NG they are crap
and they rip you off (unless your in a mess and need bailing out..)
Ed Sirett

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 17:15:54 +0000, tarquinlinbin wrote:

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 12:47:50 -0000, "Owain"
wrote:

"Hugo Nebula" wrote
| They replaced a central heating boiler and hot water cylinder
| for my 79 year old mother ... All this for the bargain sum of
| £2,200.

I think your mother should get British Gas in to do the job properly and sue
for the difference :-)

They picked the wrong client there, didn't they.

Owain

Oh no,dont suggest British Gas!!,according to this NG they are crap
and they rip you off (unless your in a mess and need bailing out..)

IME the actual work done is about middle of the road certainly no glaring
irregularities as described here. However they are charging top rate
prices (and then some) for ordinary solid but not exceptionally good work.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

Owain

"Ed Sirett" wrote
| I think your mother should get British Gas in to do the job
| properly and sue for the difference :-)
| Oh no,dont suggest British Gas!!,according to this NG they
| are crap and they rip you off (unless your in a mess and need
| bailing out..)
| IME the actual work done is about middle of the road certainly no
| glaring irregularities as described here.
| However they are charging top rate prices (and then some)
| for ordinary solid but not exceptionally good work.

Exactly. It would serve the original fitters right if they got sued for BG
rates.

Owain