James

Default Central Heating Programmer

I have a Sunvic SP100 electronic programmer, which sometimes loses the
programs/time when there is a power cut. The backup batteries are fully
charged (as measured with a voltmeter), and I think the problems occur due
to a surge when the power is restored.

The easiest solution seemed to be a new programmer - so I purchased a Sunvic
207. All of the wiring in the airing cupboard is surface mounted, and the
cables enter the original programmer through knockouts in the case. The
Sunvic 207 has "an industry standard 6 pin wall plate", which the
instructions specify must be screwed to a flush mounting single conduit box
type UA1 (BS4662). They also state "DO NOT use a surface mounting box".

Clearly I can fit a flush mounting box, but this creates extra work and
mess - and whilst appearance is of no real consequence it does look "untidy"
for a surface mounted cable to go into a hole simply to gain access to the
box inside the wall. Does anyone have experience of fitting these
programmers where the rest of the wiring is surface mounted - or indeed
suggest an electronic model better suited to the purpose. (I am just
within the time limit for exchanging this item).

Thanks,

James

---

Lurch

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 22:07:05 -0000, "James"
strung together this:

snip yet another post

Will you give it a rest with the send button.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd