Rick Dipper

Default Planning Permission

There have been various threads about putting sheds into your garden,
and one thing has always puzzled me, what stops me putting this sort
of thing into my garden ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...28759 07&rd=1

It would make a fantastic workshop for very little money.

My garden will easilly fit this, and when I say garden I am not
refering to the field, I understand for Planning Purposes garden /
field are different things.

Thanks
Rick
Mike Harrison

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 19:47:36 GMT, Rick Dipper wrote:

There have been various threads about putting sheds into your garden,
and one thing has always puzzled me, what stops me putting this sort
of thing into my garden ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...28759 07&rd=1

It would make a fantastic workshop for very little money.

My garden will easilly fit this, and when I say garden I am not
refering to the field, I understand for Planning Purposes garden /
field are different things.

Thanks
Rick

From memory, if it's 5m from the house, takes 50% of the garden, is 4m high for a pitched roof
(3m for flat), and no nearer the road than the house, you don't need planning permission assuming
you're not in a conservation area. Many councils have guidance on this on their websites - the
advice is basically the same so find another council if yours doesn't have the info. The phrase you
are looking for is 'permitted development'.
There may be building regs issues depending on construction and proximity to neighbours, and of
course you'll want to get alll the wiring done before Part P comes in....!

Peter Crosland

Details here

http://www.odpm.gov.uk/stellent/grou...an_606151.hcsp

Make sure you look at all the sections and check what rules such as an
article 4 directive apply to your site.

r.p.mcmurphy

"Rick Dipper" wrote in message
There have been various threads about putting sheds into your garden,
and one thing has always puzzled me, what stops me putting this sort
of thing into my garden ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...28759 07&rd=1

It would make a fantastic workshop for very little money.

My garden will easilly fit this, and when I say garden I am not
refering to the field, I understand for Planning Purposes garden /
field are different things.

Thanks
Rick

i bought a car lift of this bloke, i removed it myself from that shed. its
a big shed! it will take some work to dismantle it and the seller wont like
to give you a hand. could be a good bargain though!

Steve