Jon Nicoll

Default satin finish on Stainless steel radiator...

ah, questions, questions ...
I've taken delivery of a stainless steel towel radiator for our
forthcoming Bathroom refit. It's actually from TLC, and is advertised
as being 'Brush polish stainless steel'.

For some reason I was expecting this to have a 'satin' finish, which
would match the rest of the fittings I've chosen (I suspect I read the
above as 'Brushed finish'). However it actually has a polished finish
- not quite as bright as chrome, but not far off.

Any suggestions as to what I could do to tone down the finish to
roughly match the satin finish of the other metalwork? I was thinking
of either shot blasting it, or getting some wire wool on the thing ...
would either of these work?

Cheers
Jon N
Random

Wire wool would be too coarse I would think - Try a fine grade scotchbrite
pad

Make sure you test it on an inconspicuous area first.

"Jon Nicoll" wrote in message
m...
ah, questions, questions ...
I've taken delivery of a stainless steel towel radiator for our
forthcoming Bathroom refit. It's actually from TLC, and is advertised
as being 'Brush polish stainless steel'.

For some reason I was expecting this to have a 'satin' finish, which
would match the rest of the fittings I've chosen (I suspect I read the
above as 'Brushed finish'). However it actually has a polished finish
- not quite as bright as chrome, but not far off.

Any suggestions as to what I could do to tone down the finish to
roughly match the satin finish of the other metalwork? I was thinking
of either shot blasting it, or getting some wire wool on the thing ...
would either of these work?

Cheers
Jon N

Stainless Steel mesh supplier? Reader UK diy 3 March 12th 04 01:42 AM
Stainless steel and granite worktop suppliers anthony james UK diy 0 January 26th 04 03:30 PM
Stainless steel pipes. Mark UK diy 5 December 19th 03 10:48 PM
leaking stainless steel sink outlet the yorkshire dalesman UK diy 5 December 3rd 03 12:08 AM
Stainless Steel splashbacks Reestit Mutton UK diy 6 November 3rd 03 11:21 AM