Dave

Default Separating wiring from gas pipes

Can anyone see anything wrong with this (or suggest a better idea)?
I need to run some tails across the route of some existing gas pipes (at
90 degrees). The pipes are 30mm off the wall so I propose to channel the
wall, run the tails in the channel and add a small piece of something
over the channel to hold the cable in; this will guarantee a 25mm
separation from the pipes - any problem with this?

Dave
John Stumbles

Dave wrote:
Can anyone see anything wrong with this (or suggest a better idea)?
I need to run some tails across the route of some existing gas pipes (at
90 degrees). The pipes are 30mm off the wall so I propose to channel the
wall, run the tails in the channel and add a small piece of something
over the channel to hold the cable in; this will guarantee a 25mm
separation from the pipes - any problem with this?

Should be OK. IIRC just running the cables in insulating conduit or
trunking is itself OK: the 25mm spacing is for cables au naturel (i.e
insulated & sheathed) from gas pipework.

Rememeber 150mm from swicthes etc to gas pipes
Dave

John Stumbles wrote:
Dave wrote:

Can anyone see anything wrong with this (or suggest a better idea)?
I need to run some tails across the route of some existing gas pipes
(at 90 degrees). The pipes are 30mm off the wall so I propose to
channel the wall, run the tails in the channel and add a small piece
of something over the channel to hold the cable in; this will
guarantee a 25mm separation from the pipes - any problem with this?

Should be OK. IIRC just running the cables in insulating conduit or
trunking is itself OK: the 25mm spacing is for cables au naturel (i.e
insulated & sheathed) from gas pipework.

Rememeber 150mm from swicthes etc to gas pipes

So it's acceptable to put the cable in a short length of plastic
trunking as they pass under the gas pipes ... thanks, I hadn't realised
that. Can you point me at a reference so I can check the detailed wording?

--
Dave S
(The return email address is a dummy)

Concealed wiring and c/h pipes in a new conservatory Paper2002AD UK diy 2 October 22nd 04 03:30 PM
Cloth covered wiring barry martin Home Repair 0 October 20th 04 02:32 AM
Earth Bondng Adrian Simpson UK diy 8 March 21st 04 11:58 PM
Freezing Pipes or Pipes frozen could the Instant Hot Water Recirculator from RedyTemp work [email protected] Home Repair 1 January 11th 04 12:18 PM
Water Pipes PoP UK diy 6 December 17th 03 02:50 PM