Mo Thanku

Default Gas Hob Connection 10mm pipe

Hi All,

Can I connect the gas hob by 10 mm cooper pipe.

I was thinking of making final connection (run behind the oven
housing)of 10mm as it can bend easily and would allow me to push in
the oven complete, in the oven housing.

Many Thanks for your help
Ed Sirett

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 14:35:57 -0800, Mo Thanku wrote:

Hi All,

Can I connect the gas hob by 10 mm cooper pipe.

I was thinking of making final connection (run behind the oven
housing)of 10mm as it can bend easily and would allow me to push in
the oven complete, in the oven housing.

Many Thanks for your help

See FAQ. Do it right or do it not at all.

In general unless the instructions say otherwise you should never supply
a gas appliance with pipework less that the size of inlet fitting.
Which whilst it could be any one of a number of things will likely be 1/2"
BSP. Which needs 15mm pipe.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

BigWallop

"Mo Thanku" wrote in message
om...
Hi All,

Can I connect the gas hob by 10 mm cooper pipe.

I was thinking of making final connection (run behind the oven
housing)of 10mm as it can bend easily and would allow me to push in
the oven complete, in the oven housing.

Many Thanks for your help

This isn't a good idea if the hob is meant for 1/2'' BSP pipes and fittings.
Can't you bury 15mm pipework in the plaster to get the oven in?

---

Owain

"Nigel M" wrote
| In uk.d-i-y, Mo Thanku wrote:
| Can I connect the gas hob by 10 mm cooper pipe.
| Yes you can, if the instructions say so. Mine is in 10mm for about
| a 3m run, admittedly this is to a cylinder.
| However, although you *can* connect up your hob in this way, take
| note that you *may* not. This subtle use of English

A subtlety ignored by legislation which usually uses "must" and "must not"
where biguity is required.

| is meant to show that to do any gas installation you must be
| CORGI registered.

Have you been reading the thread "CORGI essential for DIY gas work"?

Owain