Zipadee Doodar

Default how do i increase pressure in Vailant economax 828/2?

Noticed evidence of weeping at the valve of bathroom rad. When I got round
to checking pressure on boiler, it is down to 1 bar as opposed to 1.5 when
it was installed last year. I have the owners manual but there is nothing in
it to say how to increase water pressure. (There is a simple on / off
control which shares the same window as the pressure guage, currently set to
on - anything to do with increasing pressure?) I seem to recall engineer
who fitted the boiler mumbling about 'water supply control underneath' but
there are at least 5 pipes and nothing obvious. Can anyone with the same
boiler please advise? (I would contact the engineer, but he is rarely in the
shop. When I asked him to re-site a rad in the bathroom 3 months ago, he
came, promised to price the job, but never bothered to quote - job too small
probably.)

I am somewhat anxious since I understand that the entire system will explode
and vapourise the whole street, without benefit of insurance, and result in
me being blacklisted by every plumber, electrician and builder in the
western hemisphere if I allow it to drop much further. At the very least, it
will turn itself off and refuse to co-operate until a plumber can get here
in 2007, if a better job doesn't come along first. All help appreciated.

ZD