AndyM

Default Baxi Auto Air Vent

First of all, many thanks for all the good advice on this NG. More than enough
for me to tackle my own CH system. (I'm an aircraft engineer by trade)

In the commissioning notes for my Baxi 105E it says "open the automatic air
vent". At no time does it say "close the vent"

Does the vent stay open during operation€¦.or what?

Thanks
AndyM

A recent thread was about Discount Heating Supplies - read on if you wish....

Late September - I got the Baxi 105e combi boiler from Discount Heating
Supplies - cheapest by far - and paid COD. (The alarm bells were ringing but I
am a pauper). It was delivered when they said it would be and had all the
necessary flue, fillers and a timer.

Mid October - I fit the boiler to the wall and charge all the systems - to the
sound of a hiss from the pump. The screw in the top of the Automatic Air Vent
is missing. No response from DHS (after repeated phone calls) so I gave up and
contacted a local spares dealer who flogged me the full valve for £12. Fit
screw and after a gas check the boiler flashes up beautifully. All the rads
are hot, wifey can have a full bath and all is well€¦€¦.. till tonight.

A smell of hot plastic - I blamed wifes cooking :-( and the 'fan fault' light
is flashing. Sounds like the fan is seized / jammed. Not one to turn down a
challenge (and needing to escape from wifeys. 'I b****y told you about Internet
purchases, cr4p after service aaaaand COD aaaaand we should have got a REAL man
in etc etc ad nauseam') I lock myself in the kitchen and take the fan out to
find the b*****y original air vent screw jammed in there. How it lay dormant
for a fortnight, unmelted, at the top of the unit I'll never know.

Moral - Buy on recommendation. Check deliveries !!! (Not that I would have
noticed the air vent screw.)

Thanks again

AndyM