JJJ

Default uselessengergy.org (energysmart)

Saw some mention of uselessenergy.org on this group and was duly well
impressed with the prices quoted on the website.

Called for the info pack, and got emailed two word documents.

One explains what it's all about, but also says that it's for Corgi
registered installers only.

If you are interested in receiving more information or registering with
EnergySmart simply complete the details on the attached registration form
and return it to us. We will send you a Welcome Pack, including vouchers
for you to use to begin accessing our special prices.

EnergySmart is open to any installer providing they are CORGI registered,
and the boilers can be delivered or picked up from any branch of Plumb
Center nationwide.

/Unquote

The actual application form has a box that requires you to enter a Corgi
number.

So, whoever it was that managed to get a discount voucher, how did you do
it???

Jim

--
---

Neil Jones

"JJJ" wrote in message
Saw some mention of uselessenergy.org on this group and was duly well
impressed with the prices quoted on the website.

Does anyone else always read this as useless energy, rather than use
less energy, or is it just me?

Andy Hall

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 15:51:54 +0100, "Neil Jones"
wrote:

"JJJ" wrote in message
Saw some mention of uselessenergy.org on this group and was duly well
impressed with the prices quoted on the website.

Does anyone else always read this as useless energy, rather than use
less energy, or is it just me?

I read it in exactly the same way as you and IIRC commented on it a
few weeks ago.

It could be a clever marketing ploy, but having spoken to them on the
phone I rather doubt it

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

© Copyright 2004.

All parts of this Usenet posting are Copyright by the author. It may not
be sold in any medium, including electronic, CD-ROM, or database,
packaged with any commercial product, or published in print or
electronic form without the explicit written permission of the author.
The copyright of included material belongs to the original author.
Mary Fisher

"Neil Jones" wrote in message

"JJJ" wrote in message
Saw some mention of uselessenergy.org on this group and was duly well
impressed with the prices quoted on the website.

Does anyone else always read this as useless energy, rather than use
less energy, or is it just me?

Ah! I couldn't understand it, I read it as useless energy!

Mary

Stefek Zaba

Mary Fisher wrote:

Ah! I couldn't understand it, I read it as useless energy!

aolMe too/aol

Until Neil spelt out the way they presumably want you to read it, I had
consisitently read it only and always as "useless energy", and concocted
a convoluted explanation that they were trying to describe the latent
heat of evaporation which is wasted (useless) in conventional boilers,
but recoved in a condensing one.

Daft, I call it: it's not as if Nominet charge by the character, so they
could've had "use-less-energy.org"...

This "garden path" (mis)reading happens for longer sentences: one
well-known example is "The horse raced past the barn fell".

Stefek

andyd

Stefek Zaba wrote in message ...
Mary Fisher wrote:

Ah! I couldn't understand it, I read it as useless energy!

aolMe too/aol

Until Neil spelt out the way they presumably want you to read it, I had
consisitently read it only and always as "useless energy", and concocted
a convoluted explanation that they were trying to describe the latent
heat of evaporation which is wasted (useless) in conventional boilers,
but recoved in a condensing one.

Daft, I call it: it's not as if Nominet charge by the character, so they
could've had "use-less-energy.org"...

This "garden path" (mis)reading happens for longer sentences: one
well-known example is "The horse raced past the barn fell".

Stefek

When our boiler needed replacing i went on their web site and phoned
the freephone number i explained that i would be collecting and paying
for the boiler myself to be connected by a friend, they were happy
with this and sent me an information pack with a price list, i then
had to fax the form off to them which they returned, i then went to
the plumbcentre and ordered the boiler it was delivered a week later
the prices were very competetive an ideal isar 35he with flue and
fixing kit was £735 + vat
Phil Addison

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 17:53:10 +0100, Stefek Zaba
wrote:

Mary Fisher wrote:

Ah! I couldn't understand it, I read it as useless energy!

aolMe too/aol

Until Neil spelt out the way they presumably want you to read it, I had
consisitently read it only and always as "useless energy", and concocted
a convoluted explanation that they were trying to describe the latent
heat of evaporation which is wasted (useless) in conventional boilers,
but recoved in a condensing one.

Daft, I call it: it's not as if Nominet charge by the character, so they
could've had "use-less-energy.org"...

This "garden path" (mis)reading happens for longer sentences: one
well-known example is "The horse raced past the barn fell".

Surely a contrived and mal-formed example? Doesn't it requires a comma
after barn, or more sensibly an "and"? Or does it refer to that well
known moor, "Barn Fell"?

Oh yes, I read it as useless energy too, and went no further.

Phil
The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/
Remove NOSPAM from address to email me
Mark Begbie

"JJJ" wrote in message ...
[...]

Hi there,

I got a boiler from them and have posted to that effect here, and am
not Corgi registered. AFAIUI there are two aspects to the scheme, one
for single installs and one for installers to become registered so
that they can effectively act on behalf of the scheme with their
customers. What you seem to be running into is the latter - this is
the "installer registration form" and allows installers (I think) to
issue vouchers on behalf of clients.

I phoned them, and asked them to send me a boiler pack, making it
clear that I was looking for a single boiler voucher for an install in
one property. They then sent me the stuff to apply for a boiler
voucher and not the stuff to apply to register as an installer.

On the paper letter they sent me, which began "Dear Installer" (I had
told them I was going to do most of it DIY), at the bottom it says:

"If you would like to have access to our specially nogotiated prices
and to the £50 London Energy subsidy for your own work, please call us
on the number above and ask for an Installer Registration Form. Once
we have received your Installer Registration Form we will provide you
with some personalised vouchers so you will be able use the scheme."

The long and the short is:
You don't want to register, you want to get a boiler voucher.

Let us know if this works!