Colin

Default Door sash lock plate thingy - where?

Hi,

I was just wondering where I could get a couple of lock plates for doors in
my house. (I am not sure what they are called:- the plate that is screwed
to the door frame that has two slots in it against which the sash lock
locks.)

I can't say I have ever seen them for sale. I need to replace a couple that
have worn out.

TIA Colin

Ron Ireland

"Colin" wrote in message
Hi,

I was just wondering where I could get a couple of lock plates for doors

in
my house. (I am not sure what they are called:- the plate that is screwed
to the door frame that has two slots in it against which the sash lock
locks.)

I can't say I have ever seen them for sale. I need to replace a couple

that
have worn out.

Striking plates, ask any locksmith or even a joiner.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Colin wrote:
I was just wondering where I could get a couple of lock plates for doors
in my house. (I am not sure what they are called:- the plate that is
screwed to the door frame that has two slots in it against which the
sash lock locks.)

I can't say I have ever seen them for sale. I need to replace a couple
that have worn out.

Given that they will be old, you might have a problem getting a modern one
that will match, if it matters.

--
*Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Paul C. Dickie

In article , Dave Plowman (News)
writes
In article ,
Colin wrote:
I was just wondering where I could get a couple of lock plates for doors
in my house. (I am not sure what they are called:- the plate that is
screwed to the door frame that has two slots in it against which the
sash lock locks.)
I can't say I have ever seen them for sale. I need to replace a couple
that have worn out.

Given that they will be old, you might have a problem getting a modern one
that will match, if it matters.

So go to one's local model shop, get some suitable brass and make the
replacements oneself...

--
Paul