TheScullster

Default Flat Roof Identify Material and Repair Method

Yes, I know these have been done to death and yes I have googled!

There seem to be a miriad of products for flat roof repair, but there also
seem to be numerous materials which have been used in the construction of
these. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction for repair of
mine.

The main covering of the roof is a dull silver grey matt finish with no
chippings, aggregate, sand or other additives.
This is sealed around the edge with the (more common I think) dark, grit
covered variety.

The problem appears to be that the main grey covering is splitting along the
length of the roof (perpendicular to the roof/ceiling joists) in neat lines
which are spaced between 18" and 30". These splits are upto 3mm wide in
places.

I intend to replace the roof with pitched version, but would like a repair
(if possible) that will see us for 1-2 years whilst we attend to higher
priorities.

Is this possible?
If so, what is the best product to go for?

TIA

Phil

Scott Mills

"TheScullster" wrote in message
[...]

Well, I have just used a Wickes product at £30 / 4 litre can. it is a grey
acrylic sludge with fibre glass in. It claims to cover upto a 10mm gap
(which i kind of believe) and last 10 years (which I don't believe). We
have not really had the rain to test it properly yet but it gave me some
confidence anyway.

TheScullster

Thanks Scott

Bought similar stuff from Jewsons - Aqu..something-or-other.
Applied it Wed am.
Looks like it will get a serious test this weekend

Phil

John

"TheScullster" wrote in message
Yes, I know these have been done to death and yes I have googled!

There seem to be a miriad of products for flat roof repair, but there

also
seem to be numerous materials which have been used in the construction of
these. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction for repair

of
mine.

The main covering of the roof is a dull silver grey matt finish with no
chippings, aggregate, sand or other additives.

SNIP

That sounds like a material marketed in the seventies called "NURALITE" Is
yours just one layer and rubbing the surface gives a black(ish) substrate?