TheScullster

Default Aqualisa Shower Problem

I believe I have seen a similar post in the past concerning Aqualisa.
Last night I turned off the shower (without using excessive force) and two
things happened:
1) water continued to stream from the shower head
2) water ran from the shower unit casing

I seem to remember that the previous poster on this issue fitted a
replacement part himself and was complimentary of Aqualisa's response to the
problem.

My questions a

The shower was supplied with an extension/shower room and I have no receipt,
just warantee card and instruction manual - are Aqualisa obliged top honour
the waranted nevertheless? (Yes I know I can call them and see, but I like
to be forewarned).

Have any readers had similar experience of Aqualisa Aquastream shower? If
so how were they treated by Aqualisa?

How do I go about finding the previous post on this subject in Google or
otherwise?

TIA

Phil

The Admiral

"TheScullster" wrote in message
[...]

Hello Mr. The Scullster.

Twas I that had the same problem that you refer to. I have an Aquatique
Exposed shower valve. I just called them expecting to have to pay for it,
and they just said they'd send the new part to me FOC. Even offerered to fit
it! I was honest and said it was about two years old, to which the nice girl
(hello!) on the other end of the phone replied 'it has a 3-year warranty'.
Givet hem a call. It seems like a common problem, so they're not even asking
to see any documentation.

HTH.

T.A.

Mike Hibbert

[...]

Phil,

I had exactly the same problem with mine a few years ago. You need to get a
new cartridge for it, as the other poster said, try getting them to replace
it for free. Fitting it is an absolute doddle.

Mike

The Admiral

"TheScullster" wrote in message
Thanks Mike and Admiral

I have contacted Aqualisa and they could not have been more helpful.
Say they will despatch new cartridge first class tonight!

For your info, their representative also said that new parts automatically
carry a further 3 year guarantee (subject to shower model I think).

I am a suspicious sort and won't be jumping for joy until the part

arrives.
But, if they are good to their word, this response makes a refreshing
change!

Phil

Excellent news. I too was very impressed with the level of service. I called
them sometime late afternoon, and the part arived at 7:30 next morning.
Superb. Interesting info about the on-going warranty. Thanks for that.

Good luck with replacing it - it'll won't take long. Give yourself about
half an hour, and take some vaslene to the bathroom with you [not for what
you may think... read the instructions!]

cheers

The Admiral.

P.S. don't forget to turn off the supplies!

Tim

P.S. don't forget to turn off the supplies!

That's when it started going wrong for me, with the builder having used very
cheap valves!

---
This mail message was virus scanned.
No virus was found but no guarantees are offered!

Power Shower Problem Fredrick Skoog UK diy 5 August 4th 03 09:52 PM
Trevi Boost venturi shower problem Matthew Barnard UK diy 0 July 19th 03 03:18 PM
Venturi shower pressure problem Mark Trueman UK diy 0 July 19th 03 11:19 AM
Leaky AquaLisa shower AlexL UK diy 3 July 9th 03 09:27 AM
Electric Shower problem Jase UK diy 1 July 6th 03 12:59 PM