Arthur

Default New wash basin not vertical

Hia all.
A new wash basin and pedestal I'm about to fit doesn't
stand vertical. The cause is the pedestal. So that when the basin is
correctly sitting on top of the
pedestal the back 'plate' is sloping away from the wall from bottom edge to
top.

The pedestal requires a 10/11mm wedge under its front edge at floor level
to bring the back plate flush to the wall.

Is there a suitable cement to work into the gap with the pedestal in situ?
The bathroom floor is kronospan chipboard.

Or any other method?

Thanls.

Arthur.

Michael Mcneil

"Arthur" wrote in message

The pedestal requires a 10/11mm wedge under its front edge at floor level
to bring the back plate flush to the wall.

Is there a suitable cement to work into the gap with the pedestal in situ?
The bathroom floor is kronospan chipboard.

Any epoxy resin or strong mix of cement will hold it 3 to 1 with some
pva. A small wedge to hold it in place will suffice. Making a wedge to
suit out of wood is a pointless lot of work. Why not send it back and
get a perfect one?

If it's the floor that is the problem you could shave some of the
pedestal off with a grinder.

Set Square

Arthur wrote:

Hia all.
A new wash basin and pedestal I'm about to fit doesn't
stand vertical. The cause is the pedestal. So that when the basin is
correctly sitting on top of the
pedestal the back 'plate' is sloping away from the wall from bottom
edge to top.

The pedestal requires a 10/11mm wedge under its front edge at floor
level to bring the back plate flush to the wall.

Is there a suitable cement to work into the gap with the pedestal in
situ? The bathroom floor is kronospan chipboard.

Or any other method?

Thanls.

Arthur.

Are your wall and floor square to each other, and horizontal/vertical? If
so, you've got a duff pedestal and/or washbasin.

Rather than frigging about with wedges, chuck them back at your supplier,
and get them replaced.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

chris French

In message , Arthur
writes
Hia all.
A new wash basin and pedestal I'm about to fit doesn't
stand vertical. The cause is the pedestal. So that when the basin is
correctly sitting on top of the
pedestal the back 'plate' is sloping away from the wall from bottom edge to
top.

The pedestal requires a 10/11mm wedge under its front edge at floor level
to bring the back plate flush to the wall.

Is there a suitable cement to work into the gap with the pedestal in situ?

Why insitu?

Why not just bed it onto mortar when you install it?

--
Chris French, Leeds
Arthur

"chris French" wrote in message
In message , Arthur
writes
Hia all.
A new wash basin and pedestal I'm about to fit doesn't
stand vertical. The cause is the pedestal. So that when the basin is
correctly sitting on top of the
pedestal the back 'plate' is sloping away from the wall from bottom edge

top.

The pedestal requires a 10/11mm wedge under its front edge at floor level
to bring the back plate flush to the wall.

Is there a suitable cement to work into the gap with the pedestal in

situ?

Why insitu?

Why not just bed it onto mortar when you install it?

--
Chris French, Leeds

I am inclined to the epoxy stuff from screwfix

for its water proof characteristucs.

The 'wedge' will be about half inch thick at the front so I have to paint it
match the pedestal.

Arthur.

Pedestal wash basin Mark Webb UK diy 11 August 20th 04 05:36 PM
RCA 35" - F35050ST - CTC169BE2 Chassis - Slow Vertical Deflection. Jerry G. Electronics Repair 0 June 21st 04 08:49 PM
Quasar Projection TV and AN5521 Vertical Problems Redbone Electronics Repair 0 March 8th 04 01:27 AM
Big battle with WEIRD vertical deflection problem in PTK195 chassis. Asimov Electronics Repair 2 September 13th 03 02:29 AM