BitsNBobs

Default Mix to bed WC to tiled floor?

Try a flexible tile cement instead.

"Nigel M" wrote in message
A few years ago I installed a WC on a ceramic tiled floor, and bedded it
in a sharp sand & cement mix of about 1:1. Since then it has cracked out
twice, so each time I have weakened the mix. It's just done it again, so
I guess I still used too strong a mix last time.

Any suggestions?

--
Nigel Mercier

BillV

"Nigel M" wrote in message
A few years ago I installed a WC on a ceramic tiled floor, and bedded it
in a sharp sand & cement mix of about 1:1. Since then it has cracked out
twice, so each time I have weakened the mix. It's just done it again, so
I guess I still used too strong a mix last time.

Any suggestions?

I can't understand why people still do this, surely this is the way they did
before the 1960s?
The 5 bogs I've fitted over the years all had holes to screw them to the
floor.
Some even came with stainless steel double ended screw/bolts to make the job
easier..

The Natural Philosopher

BillV wrote:
"Nigel M" wrote in message

A few years ago I installed a WC on a ceramic tiled floor, and bedded it
in a sharp sand & cement mix of about 1:1. Since then it has cracked out
twice, so each time I have weakened the mix. It's just done it again, so
I guess I still used too strong a mix last time.

Any suggestions?

I can't understand why people still do this, surely this is the way they did
before the 1960s?
The 5 bogs I've fitted over the years all had holes to screw them to the
floor.
Some even came with stainless steel double ended screw/bolts to make the job
easier..

And mine is happily working with the one screw I managed to drill, and a
bed of silicone sealant underneath. Purrfect.

Repair Holes and Levelling a Concrete Floor JJC001 UK diy 6 April 29th 04 11:17 PM
Floor tiling John UK diy 1 November 7th 03 11:27 AM
shower drain for tiled shower floor g UK diy 3 September 2nd 03 02:55 AM