Siatro

Default New shower head for my Gainsborough Energy 2000x destroyed my unit :-(

Hi all,

I have a Gainsborough Energy 2000x and today I installed a 5-setting
shower head from Home Base. Unfortunately within minutes of
installing the shower head, something cracked inside the unit and now
water leaks from the bottom. I think the new shower head created
internal pressure in the cabinet and something gave way (and here I
was thinking that adding a new shower head was a plug-and-play
experience!)

Should I be seeking to install a special head to this type of shower?
I don't have access to the shower manual and the shower head I
purchased did not indicate I should look out for anything.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Steve
Ed Sirett

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 21:36:42 +0000, Mark wrote:

Siatro typed:

Hi all,

I have a Gainsborough Energy 2000x and today I installed a 5-setting
shower head from Home Base. Unfortunately within minutes of
installing the shower head, something cracked inside the unit and now
water leaks from the bottom. I think the new shower head created
internal pressure in the cabinet and something gave way (and here I
was thinking that adding a new shower head was a plug-and-play
experience!)

Should I be seeking to install a special head to this type of shower?
I don't have access to the shower manual and the shower head I
purchased did not indicate I should look out for anything.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Chances are the heater has blown its safety release valve, if so its scrap.
Litigate with Home Base, that seems to be the current thinking instead of
first reading the manual.

Which likely says '...this shower may only be used with the hose and head
supplied...'.
In general I would have thought what you did would not have been a big deal.
It is possible the fancy 5 way head had a fault which effectively blocked
the outlet, or the flow resistance in some of the 'modes' was more than
before.
It is possible that the Gainsborough was just about to peg out anyway.

HTH

The FAQ for uk.diy is at
www.diyfaq.org.uk

Shower pump for can type shower head. steve UK diy 3 January 16th 04 11:38 AM
Shower head PoP UK diy 9 December 22nd 03 10:42 AM
p*ss poor flow rate to newly installed shower John UK diy 5 November 25th 03 04:42 PM
Shower screen grumble... David W.E. Roberts UK diy 0 September 5th 03 05:49 PM
Shower head bracket? David W.E. Roberts UK diy 0 August 4th 03 10:15 PM