Dave Plowman (News)

Default Baumatic

See they've appeared in the latest TLC cat. Doubt they'll be there in the
next one...

--
*Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder...

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
G&M

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
See they've appeared in the latest TLC cat. Doubt they'll be there in the
next one...

They're in Screwfix's "Big Stuff" and several other catalogues as well.
Pity they can't ever deliver any of the stuff within non-geological
timescales.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
G&M wrote:
See they've appeared in the latest TLC cat. Doubt they'll be there in
the next one...

They're in Screwfix's "Big Stuff" and several other catalogues as well.
Pity they can't ever deliver any of the stuff within non-geological
timescales.

TLC normally keep their own central stock for the things they don't have
at all branches - or so I've found. I've bought the odd white goods from
them in the past, and it's been supplied quickly.

--
*If horrific means to make horrible, does terrific mean to make terrible?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
G&M

G&M wrote:
See they've appeared in the latest TLC cat. Doubt they'll be there in
the next one...

They're in Screwfix's "Big Stuff" and several other catalogues as well.
Pity they can't ever deliver any of the stuff within non-geological
timescales.

TLC normally keep their own central stock for the things they don't have
at all branches - or so I've found. I've bought the odd white goods from
them in the past, and it's been supplied quickly.

But they'll juts run out a week later and have to wait as well. Bad move on
their part.

Martin Angove

In message ,
"G&M" wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
See they've appeared in the latest TLC cat. Doubt they'll be there in the
next one...

They're in Screwfix's "Big Stuff" and several other catalogues as well.
Pity they can't ever deliver any of the stuff within non-geological
timescales.

Dunno, I ordered Baumatic Oven, gas hob, extractor from Screwfix.
Catalogue stated 14 day delivery IIRC, but the whole lot came in 4 or 5.

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove: http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/
.... I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere!

Andy

G&M wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

See they've appeared in the latest TLC cat. Doubt they'll be there in the
next one...

They're in Screwfix's "Big Stuff" and several other catalogues as well.
Pity they can't ever deliver any of the stuff within non-geological
timescales.

I've never had a problem with delivery (or any other problems for that
matter) of Baumatic products (oven, hob, extractor, dish washer, splash
back, tap).

In fact my next kitchen will be Baumatic too...

Screwfix's prices for Baumatic stuff are horrendous.
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Andy wrote:
I've never had a problem with delivery (or any other problems for that
matter) of Baumatic products (oven, hob, extractor, dish washer, splash
back, tap).

In fact my next kitchen will be Baumatic too...

I'd say you've been very lucky. I only know two people who've bought their
stuff and neither will again. Sad, really, as it looks good.

--
*Reality is the illusion that occurs due to the lack of alcohol *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article ,
Andy wrote:
I've never had a problem with delivery (or any other problems for that
matter) of Baumatic products (oven, hob, extractor, dish washer, splash
back, tap).

In fact my next kitchen will be Baumatic too...

I'd say you've been very lucky. I only know two people who've bought their
stuff and neither will again. Sad, really, as it looks good.

Our Baumatic dishwasher certainly wasn't reliable. We got the original
one replaced when it died after about 18 months and then the replacement
(a newer/better model) died too within a month or so. Since that was
repaired (electronics replacement) it has been working OK though.

Our Baumatic sink and taps are good though! Maybe Baumatic just
haven't quite got the clever engineering right yet. :-)

--
Chris Green
G&M

Andy wrote:
I've never had a problem with delivery (or any other problems for that
matter) of Baumatic products (oven, hob, extractor, dish washer, splash
back, tap).

In fact my next kitchen will be Baumatic too...

I'd say you've been very lucky. I only know two people who've bought their
stuff and neither will again. Sad, really, as it looks good.

That's why we bought it as well. But the poor person dealing with our order
at a well known Internet supplier probably wishes we hadn't. She heard
every excuse from Baumatic during the three months it took to turn up, and
then it turned out to be a recon !

Adam Aglionby

Glad they have at least corrected New Ze *A* land on their front page.

Pity the warranty documents for their lethal gas hob was addressed to
Edinborough.

If they can`t spell how can they safely manufacture potentially lethal gas
and electrical appliances properely?

Worst, not said lightly, mean absolutely worst, customer service have ever
encountered.

Even the liveried Bumatic `engineer` didn`t have his laptop with him because
it had crashed, then asks me about removing `photographs` from it before his
employers see it.

Any reccomendations for quality service at the end of the market that
Leakmatic pretend to be at, AEG ,Neff, Smeg, Bosch etc?

Will move on to CORGI who seem to protect their own but not the public,
next.

Adam

Andy wrote:
I've never had a problem with delivery (or any other problems for that
matter) of Baumatic products (oven, hob, extractor, dish washer,

splash
back, tap).

In fact my next kitchen will be Baumatic too...

I'd say you've been very lucky. I only know two people who've bought

their
stuff and neither will again. Sad, really, as it looks good.

That's why we bought it as well. But the poor person dealing with our

order
at a well known Internet supplier probably wishes we hadn't. She heard
every excuse from Baumatic during the three months it took to turn up, and
then it turned out to be a recon !

Pete C

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:04:53 GMT, "Adam Aglionby"
wrote:

Any reccomendations for quality service at the end of the market that
Leakmatic pretend to be at, AEG ,Neff, Smeg, Bosch etc?

Hi,

How about CDA?

cheers,
Pete.

Baumatic Gas Leaks Adam Aglionby UK diy 7 August 8th 04 09:59 AM
Baumatic cookers; any good? Neal Jones UK diy 9 May 12th 04 06:36 PM
Baumatic Cookers/Fridges Saeed UK diy 1 January 28th 04 08:11 AM
Baumatic Spares Sean Delere UK diy 2 October 26th 03 03:35 PM