Ed Rear

Default Blanking off gas pipe

Refurbishing my kitchen, I have found a capped off gas pipe protruding from
the wall about 2½ inches, just where I want to put the washing machine. The
pipe is buried in the wall. I am hoping if I cut into the wall I will find
an elbow, and will be able to unscrew it and fit a blanking plug. Does this
sound feasible? I should have said, the pipe is iron. (House built
1960's).TIA

troubleinstore

"Ed Rear" wrote in message
Refurbishing my kitchen, I have found a capped off gas pipe protruding

from
the wall about 2½ inches, just where I want to put the washing machine.

The
pipe is buried in the wall. I am hoping if I cut into the wall I will find
an elbow, and will be able to unscrew it and fit a blanking plug. Does

this
sound feasible? I should have said, the pipe is iron. (House built
1960's).TIA

Are you sure that the pipe is live....?

What are the other pipes in the house and can you find a supply to the iron
pipe....?

--
troubleinstore
http://www.tuppencechange.co.uk

---

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Ed Rear wrote:
Refurbishing my kitchen, I have found a capped off gas pipe protruding
from the wall about 2½ inches, just where I want to put the washing
machine. The pipe is buried in the wall. I am hoping if I cut into the
wall I will find an elbow, and will be able to unscrew it and fit a
blanking plug. Does this sound feasible? I should have said, the pipe is
iron. (House built 1960's).TIA

I'd try and find an easier part of the pipe to work on and cap it there -
unless you've got solid floors etc.

--
*Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.