Aquapanel

Old February 25th 04, 02:03 PM
TheScullster

Default Aquapanel

Looking at previous posts on this, it seems reasonable stuff for shower/bath
side walls.

I have upstairs walls of very dubious construction - made in panels approx
3" outside width comprising 2 sheets 10mm plasterboard and egg crating style
cardboard reinforcement between. I think that these are probably more
suited for office partitions than bedroom walls.

Anyway, the question is relating to bathroom wall which is out of square and
which I intend to back the bath up to.
I need to lose a 12mm difference across the width of the bath and wonder if
this aquapanel stuff is suitable.
I would pack one side of the 900mm width with a baton, but intend to glue
the panel to the existing (reasonably solid) plasterboard behind.
Due to the wall construction, I am reluctant to cut the bath edge into the
wall.

Has anyone tried dot and dab fixing this board rather than using aquapanel
fixing screws?

TIA

Phil

Old February 26th 04, 02:03 AM
Kalico

"TheScullster" wrote in message
[...]

I have not used the Aquapanel brand but similar type boards and never used
anything other than Gripfil or Pinkgrip to secure it to the wall. The whole
effect I wanted was not to have screws.

I don't know how much success you will have using proper dot-and-dab
adhesive but if Gripfil will give you sufficient *make up* then just run it
in a zig zag across the whole area of the back of the board.

Hope that helps.
Rob

--
Tel. 07010 703 702

Replace SPAM with ORG to reply

Old February 26th 04, 09:21 AM
Lobster

"TheScullster" wrote in message ...
Looking at previous posts on this, it seems reasonable stuff for shower/bath
side walls.

Definitely, I'd thoroughly recommend it. It's very solid and
inflexible.

Has anyone tried dot and dab fixing this board rather than using aquapanel
fixing screws?

No (can't see why it would be a problem though) - but can't you fix to
the battens beneath your p/board using screws? Or have I
misunderstood your wall construction?

David
Old February 26th 04, 10:00 AM
stuart noble

Has anyone tried dot and dab fixing this board rather than using aquapanel
fixing screws?

Yes, works fine with plasterboard adhesive. Much heavier than pb though.