lowering kerb

Old February 22nd 04, 02:22 PM
none

Default lowering kerb

Hi, can any one give any advice on how much it will cost for me to
lower the kerb outside my house including the pavement? I have applied
for permission with the council so I'm looking to get an estimate from
someone in south yorkshire. Any recommendations for who could do it?

Thanks
Old February 22nd 04, 02:25 PM
Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

"none" wrote in message
om...
Hi, can any one give any advice on how much it will cost for me to
lower the kerb outside my house including the pavement? I have applied
for permission with the council so I'm looking to get an estimate from
someone in south yorkshire. Any recommendations for who could do it?

The council themselves offered this to residents recently, for about 250.
Might be worth asking yours.

Si

Old February 22nd 04, 02:43 PM
Set Square

none wrote:

Hi, can any one give any advice on how much it will cost for me to
lower the kerb outside my house including the pavement? I have applied
for permission with the council so I'm looking to get an estimate from
someone in south yorkshire. Any recommendations for who could do it?

Thanks

Mine cost me about UKP400 - but it was about 12 years ago, so would
doubtless cost more now!

I got several quotes (in Warwickshire, so not immediately applicable to
Yorkshire) and by far the cheapest was Warco - which was formerly part of
Warks CC until it was hived off and privatised. Other counties probably have
similar firms.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Old February 22nd 04, 09:35 PM
Capitol

Set Square wrote in message ...
none wrote:

Hi, can any one give any advice on how much it will cost for me to
lower the kerb outside my house including the pavement? I have applied
for permission with the council so I'm looking to get an estimate from
someone in south yorkshire. Any recommendations for who could do it?

Thanks

Mine cost me about UKP400 - but it was about 12 years ago, so would
doubtless cost more now!

Ours cost us about 50 cups of tea/coffee over a few days. The supplier
"somehow" lost the billing information!

Regards
Capitol

Old February 23rd 04, 09:20 AM
Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

"dave" wrote in message
mine cost 950 2 years ago and only the local council could do it.

Christ! Ours *was* a bargain then!

Si