DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   lowering kerb (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/6334-lowering-kerb.html)

none February 22nd 04 03:22 PM

lowering kerb

Hi, can any one give any advice on how much it will cost for me to
lower the kerb outside my house including the pavement? I have applied
for permission with the council so I'm looking to get an estimate from
someone in south yorkshire. Any recommendations for who could do it?

Thanks

Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot February 22nd 04 03:25 PM

lowering kerb

"none" wrote in message
om...
Hi, can any one give any advice on how much it will cost for me to
lower the kerb outside my house including the pavement? I have applied
for permission with the council so I'm looking to get an estimate from
someone in south yorkshire. Any recommendations for who could do it?

The council themselves offered this to residents recently, for about £250.
Might be worth asking yours.

Si

Set Square February 22nd 04 03:43 PM

lowering kerb

none wrote:

Hi, can any one give any advice on how much it will cost for me to
lower the kerb outside my house including the pavement? I have applied
for permission with the council so I'm looking to get an estimate from
someone in south yorkshire. Any recommendations for who could do it?

Thanks

Mine cost me about UKP400 - but it was about 12 years ago, so would
doubtless cost more now!

I got several quotes (in Warwickshire, so not immediately applicable to
Yorkshire) and by far the cheapest was Warco - which was formerly part of
Warks CC until it was hived off and privatised. Other counties probably have
similar firms.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Capitol February 22nd 04 10:35 PM

lowering kerb

Set Square wrote in message ...
none wrote:

Hi, can any one give any advice on how much it will cost for me to
lower the kerb outside my house including the pavement? I have applied
for permission with the council so I'm looking to get an estimate from
someone in south yorkshire. Any recommendations for who could do it?

Thanks

Mine cost me about UKP400 - but it was about 12 years ago, so would
doubtless cost more now!

Ours cost us about 50 cups of tea/coffee over a few days. The supplier
"somehow" lost the billing information!

Regards
Capitol

Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot February 23rd 04 10:20 AM

lowering kerb

"dave" wrote in message
mine cost £950 2 years ago and only the local council could do it.

Christ! Ours *was* a bargain then!

Si