tony sayer

Default Flux for lead soldering

In article , Bob
Minchin writes
Apologies if you are seeing this message for a second time but my
first attempt does not seem to have appeared yet.

Hi All,

I need to make up a fairly complex shaped lead flashing to go around a
pipe tomorrow. I fancy having a go at soldering the seams. I saw a
programme on TV a couple of years ago when this was being done using a
narrow strip of lead offcut as the solder but can't remember if any
flux
was used.

Is it necessary and if so what should I use? I have some Baker's Fluid
and ordinary core solder as used in electronic work.

Thanks In advance

Bob

I might suggest that you get some plumbing flux and plumbing solder as
this will melt IIRC a bit below the lead, so you have less chance of
the whole thing ending up a soggy molten mess.

Any way good luck...
--
Tony Sayer

Toby

"Bob Minchin" wrote in message
om...
Apologies if you are seeing this message for a second time but my
first attempt does not seem to have appeared yet.

A good ilustration of the difference between Google groups and NTL news.

--
Toby.

NTL: Bringing you yesterday's news today, and a bit of last week's. Maybe.