Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default The London Trip

Thanks for all the suggestions. We did the trip last weekend.

In the end we did The Cutty Sark and Royal Observatory using the River
Boat (that I never knew existed so extra thanks for that) from HMS
Belfast to get there.

But next time I must check the calender before we go. It was Chinese New
Year so Sunday was a free display about 2 minutes walk from the hotel.

Now I am really annoyed:-) The hotel room had more USB charging points
in it than I have in my house.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW Wrote in message:
Thanks for all the suggestions. We did the trip last weekend.

In the end we did The Cutty Sark and Royal Observatory using the River
Boat (that I never knew existed so extra thanks for that) from HMS
Belfast to get there.

But next time I must check the calender before we go. It was Chinese New
Year so Sunday was a free display about 2 minutes walk from the hotel.

Now I am really annoyed:-) The hotel room had more USB charging points
in it than I have in my house.

Can't beat a quality copper bottom...
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
Thanks for all the suggestions. We did the trip last weekend.

In the end we did The Cutty Sark and Royal Observatory using the River
Boat (that I never knew existed so extra thanks for that) from HMS
Belfast to get there.

But next time I must check the calender before we go. It was Chinese
New Year so Sunday was a free display about 2 minutes walk from the
hotel.
Now I am really annoyed:-) The hotel room had more USB charging points
in it than I have in my house.

What crime did you commit for having to stay in the ******** of London?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/02/2019 20:58, ARW wrote:
Thanks for all the suggestions. We did the trip last weekend.

In the end we did The Cutty Sark and Royal Observatory using the River
Boat (that I never knew existed so extra thanks for that) from HMS
Belfast to get there.

But next time I must check the calender before we go. It was Chinese New
Year so Sunday was a free display about 2 minutes walk from the hotel.

Now I am really annoyed:-) The hotel room had more USB charging points
in it than I have in my house.

You went to London and didn't get stabbed? Lightweight.

Cheers
--
Clive
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 13 February 2019 23:44:28 UTC, Clive Arthur wrote:
On 13/02/2019 20:58, ARW wrote:
Thanks for all the suggestions. We did the trip last weekend.

In the end we did The Cutty Sark and Royal Observatory using the River
Boat (that I never knew existed so extra thanks for that) from HMS
Belfast to get there.

But next time I must check the calender before we go. It was Chinese New
Year so Sunday was a free display about 2 minutes walk from the hotel.

Now I am really annoyed:-) The hotel room had more USB charging points
in it than I have in my house.

You went to London and didn't get stabbed? Lightweight.

He's a bit too old and the wrong colour ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
whisky-dave writes
On Wednesday, 13 February 2019 23:44:28 UTC, Clive Arthur wrote:

You went to London and didn't get stabbed? Lightweight.

He's a bit too old and the wrong colour ;-)

And doesn't peddle (or pedal?) drugs from a moped?
--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 13/02/2019 23:16, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
ARW wrote:
Thanks for all the suggestions. We did the trip last weekend.

In the end we did The Cutty Sark and Royal Observatory using the River
Boat (that I never knew existed so extra thanks for that) from HMS
Belfast to get there.

But next time I must check the calender before we go. It was Chinese
New Year so Sunday was a free display about 2 minutes walk from the
hotel.
Now I am really annoyed:-) The hotel room had more USB charging points
in it than I have in my house.

What crime did you commit for having to stay in the ******** of London?

It's nice to go there now and again and do something different instead
of going to Filey.

Plus you always have the pleasure, when you get back home, of realising
how nice it is not to live in London.

She now wants to go to Lincoln for the next weekend away.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
Thanks for all the suggestions. We did the trip last weekend.

In the end we did The Cutty Sark and Royal Observatory using the River
Boat (that I never knew existed so extra thanks for that) from HMS
Belfast to get there.

But next time I must check the calender before we go. It was Chinese
New Year so Sunday was a free display about 2 minutes walk from the
hotel.
Now I am really annoyed:-) The hotel room had more USB charging points
in it than I have in my house.

What crime did you commit for having to stay in the ******** of London?

It's nice to go there now and again and do something different instead
of going to Filey.

Plus you always have the pleasure, when you get back home, of realising
how nice it is not to live in London.

She now wants to go to Lincoln for the next weekend away.

Well, if you are lucky and she wants to go shopping (or to the
cathedral), you can go he
http://www.zyra.org.uk/birkett.htm.

If you time it right, you can go to Newark Air Museum and get a cockpit
tour in the Vulcan they have there. And if you are very lucky, it will
be done by the pilot who flew it there 35 years ago.

--

Jeff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
ARW wrote:
It's nice to go there now and again and do something different instead
of going to Filey.

Plus you always have the pleasure, when you get back home, of realising
how nice it is not to live in London.

Given you've likely seen about 0.0001% of it on your visit, well judged.

She now wants to go to Lincoln for the next weekend away.

How does she pick them?

--
*Oh, what a tangled website we weave when first we practice *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
Thanks for all the suggestions. We did the trip last weekend.

In the end we did The Cutty Sark and Royal Observatory using the River
Boat (that I never knew existed so extra thanks for that) from HMS
Belfast to get there.

But next time I must check the calender before we go. It was Chinese
New Year so Sunday was a free display about 2 minutes walk from the
hotel.
Now I am really annoyed:-) The hotel room had more USB charging points
in it than I have in my house.

What crime did you commit for having to stay in the ******** of London?

It's nice to go there now and again and do something different instead
of going to Filey.

Plus you always have the pleasure, when you get back home, of realising
how nice it is not to live in London.

She now wants to go to Lincoln for the next weekend away.

Lincoln would be a good place for a weekend, there's quite a lot to see
and some good places to eat and drink. I spent many years there but I
don't think they've put a plaque on my old house yet ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

In article ,
ARW wrote:
It's nice to go there now and again and do something different instead
of going to Filey.

Plus you always have the pleasure, when you get back home, of realising
how nice it is not to live in London.

Given you've likely seen about 0.0001% of it on your visit, well judged.

She now wants to go to Lincoln for the next weekend away.

How does she pick them?

I have seen more than 0.0001% of London.

As for choosing Lincoln it's because I went there on a Sunday to sort
out a small job, she came with me and we had an hour in the centre
before I went and did the job. She wants to go again.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

ARW wrote:
[...]

That's already arranged. I'll be going with Terry Casey.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" Wrote in message:
In article ,
ARW wrote:
It's nice to go there now and again and do something different instead
of going to Filey.

Plus you always have the pleasure, when you get back home, of realising
how nice it is not to live in London.

Given you've likely seen about 0.0001% of it on your visit, well judged.

the top 0.0001%....

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
Thanks for all the suggestions. We did the trip last weekend.

In the end we did The Cutty Sark and Royal Observatory using the
River Boat (that I never knew existed so extra thanks for that)
from HMS Belfast to get there.

But next time I must check the calender before we go. It was Chinese
New Year so Sunday was a free display about 2 minutes walk from the
hotel.
Now I am really annoyed:-) The hotel room had more USB charging
points in it than I have in my house.

What crime did you commit for having to stay in the ******** of
London?

It's nice to go there now and again and do something different instead
of going to Filey.

Plus you always have the pleasure, when you get back home, of
realising how nice it is not to live in London.

Indeed!

She now wants to go to Lincoln for the next weekend away.

I've worked there, can't remember if it nice or not. Hang on, my two brain
cells have just collided. I stopped in a Travelodge there some years ago and
watched some young people sat on the banks of a river chatting. One lad had
his dog with him. He thought the world of his dog and the dog loved him to
bits. It was just nice to watch.
Why not have a weekend in Blackpool?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 16/02/2019 15:44, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Why not have a weekend in Blackpool?

List the attractions.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nowt wrong with Filey. One Yorkshireman I know promised if he won the lottery he'd treat the village to a holiday there. All together in a caravan during the following June
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim K.. wrote:
ARW Wrote in message:
On 16/02/2019 15:44, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Why not have a weekend in Blackpool?

List the attractions.

Morecambe

Bleakpool, is okay for a good **** up, drinking **** and getting into a
fight.
Morecambe, wonderful views over the sea, and that is about it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW Wrote in message:
On 16/02/2019 15:44, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Why not have a weekend in Blackpool?

List the attractions.

Morecambe
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 16/02/2019 18:39, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Jim K.. wrote:
ARW Wrote in message:
On 16/02/2019 15:44, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Why not have a weekend in Blackpool?

List the attractions.

Morecambe

Bleakpool, is okay for a good **** up, drinking **** and getting into a
fight.

That's Whitley Bay.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mr Pounder Esquire" Wrote in message:
Jim K.. wrote:
ARW Wrote in message:
On 16/02/2019 15:44, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Why not have a weekend in Blackpool?

List the attractions.

Morecambe

Bleakpool, is okay for a good **** up, drinking **** and getting into a
fight.
Morecambe, wonderful views over the sea, and that is about it.

Adam's taking the gf....
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 16/02/2019 18:32, Cynic wrote:
Nowt wrong with Filey. One Yorkshireman I know promised if he won the lottery he'd treat the village to a holiday there. All together in a caravan during the following June

It's got 10 pubs.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim K.. wrote:
ARW Wrote in message:
On 16/02/2019 15:44, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Why not have a weekend in Blackpool?

List the attractions.

Morecambe

Bleakpool, is okay for a good **** up, drinking **** and getting into a
fight.

That's Whitley Bay.

The place the Posh Geordies live ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARW
writes
On 16/02/2019 15:44, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Why not have a weekend in Blackpool?

List the attractions.

Going home.

--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

ARW wrote:
It's nice to go there now and again and do something different instead
of going to Filey.

Plus you always have the pleasure, when you get back home, of realising
how nice it is not to live in London.

Given you've likely seen about 0.0001% of it on your visit, well judged.

the top 0.0001%....

And a varied route to Greenwich.

Started at Euston Station, walked down Tottenham Court Road, breakfast
at The Court, would have jumped onto the Tube at Goodge Street but it
was Exit only due to maintenance works, so walked further down, along
Old Crompton St and down Burlington Arcade (no price tags on the watches
and shoes they sell), past the Ritz (where we had a laugh at their
breakfast prices), Tube from Green Park to Tower Bridge, River Boat to
Surrey Quays, bus to Greenwich (to show her Deptford which is where I
had digs when I was working in Vauxhall).

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Â*Â*Â* ARW wrote:
[...]

London Bridge not Tower Bridge.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 16/02/2019 15:44, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Why not have a weekend in Blackpool?

Actually I will do.

Care for a pint with me? My round. It will be cheaper than London and it
will be a proper pint and not the "as flat as a witches tit stuff" they
sell in London.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/02/2019 10:09, ARW wrote:
On 16/02/2019 15:44, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Why not have a weekend in Blackpool?

Actually I will do.

Care for a pint with me? My round. It will be cheaper than London and it
will be a proper pint and not the "as flat as a witches tit stuff" they
sell in London.

Oi!

And I take it we can cross the Fuller's Brewery tour of the list of
things-for-Adam-to-do-in-London. (To be honest, the brewery is not a
patch on the late lamented Ram Brewery - but the tastings are sometimes
good.)

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Robin wrote:
On 17/02/2019 10:09, ARW wrote:
On 16/02/2019 15:44, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Why not have a weekend in Blackpool?

Actually I will do.

Care for a pint with me? My round. It will be cheaper than London and it
will be a proper pint and not the "as flat as a witches tit stuff" they
sell in London.

Oi!

And I take it we can cross the Fuller's Brewery tour of the list of
things-for-Adam-to-do-in-London. (To be honest, the brewery is not a
patch on the late lamented Ram Brewery - but the tastings are sometimes
good.)

And it's just been sold off. Fullers are keeping their pubs, etc. Expect
the brewery to be turned into housing.

--
*Proofread carefully to see if you any words out or mispeld something *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
On 16/02/2019 15:44, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Why not have a weekend in Blackpool?

Actually I will do.

Care for a pint with me? My round. It will be cheaper than London and
it will be a proper pint and not the "as flat as a witches tit stuff"
they sell in London.

Cheers for the offer, but after living there for 41 years we moved away and
have not regretted it. My street was not posh, but it was okay. Until the
pikeys moved in.
I used to walk home at 3am ****ed as a rat and the thought of getting beaten
up never entered my head.
I now live in a decent area, but would never dream of walking home in the
dark. I'm now an old man.
If you like a wild time, Bleakpool is the place. Don't trust satnav, I've
read that all of the roads are now 90% ****ed up with roadworks etc.