Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Disposal of roofing felt

On 13/02/2019 13:08, GB wrote:
On 13/02/2019 12:41, Andrew wrote:

Burning old chipboard and bitumen is seriously bad for the
environment and your neighbours. Stupid idea. Do you burn
your old car tyres as well ?.

I had a mate, who burned chipboard in his woodburner in his workshop. He
had a lot of medical issues, and he got diagnosed with possible Motor
Neurone Disease. Then, the penny dropped, he stopped burning chipboard,
and he made a miraculous recovery.

We can never be sure the chipboard was the problem, but it seems quite
possible.

2 things:

1) The chipboard glue is likely to give off nasties.

2) But I question his woodburner if he was able to breath fumes from
it... Sounds like a bad or insufficient flue.

--
Email does not work
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/02/2019 12:41, Andrew wrote:
On 12/02/2019 14:28, Paul Welsh wrote:
On 11/02/2019 15:56, Tim Watts wrote:
On 11/02/2019 13:51, GB wrote:
On 11/02/2019 13:22, Tim Watts wrote:

Cobblers - it goes in the skip. Mine did.

Will it all go in one skip? Just curious.

I would have thought so.

Having been through a fair bit of clearout recently trhis is what it
cost me. (ex of council tax)

8 yard skip £250

Hire a van for a half day and take it to the local tip £45.00

Fill the freelander up and take it to the local tip £7.00 of diesel

Burn it in the back garden £0.00

Perhaps you could also heat your house with it.

Instead of a wood burning stove you could install an "Any old crap"
burning stove.

Instead of £0.00 it could be -ve disposal cost.

Prolly COULD burn it in the woodburner

Burning old chipboard and bitumen is seriously bad for the
environment and your neighbours. Stupid idea. Do you burn
your old car tyres as well ?.

managed to burn the wheelbartrow tyres.

'seriously bad for the environment'?

Oh. like water vapour and carbon dioxide?

get a life

--
Any fool can believe in principles - and most of them do!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , GB
scribeth thus
On 13/02/2019 12:41, Andrew wrote:

Burning old chipboard and bitumen is seriously bad for the
environment and your neighbours. Stupid idea. Do you burn
your old car tyres as well ?.

I had a mate, who burned chipboard in his woodburner in his workshop. He
had a lot of medical issues, and he got diagnosed with possible Motor
Neurone Disease. Then, the penny dropped, he stopped burning chipboard,
and he made a miraculous recovery.

We can never be sure the chipboard was the problem, but it seems quite
possible.

So presumably something in the chipboard but in order for him to be
breathing it surely it must have been leaking fumes into the room in
someway?...

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

managed to burn the wheelbartrow tyres.

'seriously bad for the environment'?

Oh. like water vapour and carbon dioxide?

get a life

No. Like PM20s, carbon monoxide, aromatic hydrocarbons...

I want to keep my life, and I don't burn tyres.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/02/2019 21:12, Vir Campestris wrote:

managed to burn the wheelbartrow tyres.

'seriously bad for the environment'?

Oh. like water vapour and carbon dioxide?

get a life

No. Like PM20s, carbon monoxide, aromatic hydrocarbons...

I want to keep my life, and I don't burn tyres.

Andy

snowflake.

...I'd spend it on drink.

Sir Henry (at Rawlinson's End)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/02/2019 21:12, Vir Campestris wrote:

managed to burn the wheelbartrow tyres.

'seriously bad for the environment'?

Oh. like water vapour and carbon dioxide?

get a life

No. Like PM20s, carbon monoxide, aromatic hydrocarbons...

I want to keep my life, and I don't burn tyres.

Andy

snowflake.

I wouldn't be if I stood downwind of burning tyres.

Andy