Richard Markham

Default Diverter valve diaphragm damage

I've just had both the diverter valve and expansion tank fail on a 1997
Worcester Combi.

Having taken the old valve to bits, I found the diaphragm to be almost
crumbly...

The rubber looked like tree bark.

Any ideas what would have caused this?
--
Richard Markham
Ed Sirett

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 20:26:00 +0000, Richard Markham wrote:

I've just had both the diverter valve and expansion tank fail on a 1997
Worcester Combi.

Having taken the old valve to bits, I found the diaphragm to be almost
crumbly...

The rubber looked like tree bark.

Any ideas what would have caused this?

6 years of being in hot water?
Perhaps you were needing to top up a lot and dissolved oxygen took a part
in the matter?

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

rob

"Richard Markham" wrote in message
I've just had both the diverter valve and expansion tank fail on a 1997
Worcester Combi.

Having taken the old valve to bits, I found the diaphragm to be almost
crumbly...

The rubber looked like tree bark.

Any ideas what would have caused this?
--
Richard Markham

need to make sure that you have no leaks letting air in the system, and you
need to cleanse, desludge and add inhibitor when you have finished and
tested the system.
rob

Richard Markham

In article , rob
writes

"Richard Markham" wrote in message
I've just had both the diverter valve and expansion tank fail on a 1997
Worcester Combi.

Having taken the old valve to bits, I found the diaphragm to be almost
crumbly...

The rubber looked like tree bark.

Any ideas what would have caused this?
--
Richard Markham

need to make sure that you have no leaks letting air in the system, and you
need to cleanse, desludge and add inhibitor when you have finished and
tested the system.
rob

Will do.

--
Richard Markham

Vaillant diverter valve Lee Blaver UK diy 4 December 12th 03 08:23 PM
CH System - what is this gate valve for? Colin M UK diy 7 November 25th 03 11:04 AM
Boiler diverter valve Ian Nutt UK diy 8 November 13th 03 02:18 PM
NO HW NO CH, Honeywell diverter valve Clive Long,UK UK diy 6 October 7th 03 05:03 PM
Leaving a Honeywell CH valve energised, wiring choices Toby UK diy 1 July 14th 03 07:20 PM