John Kelly

Default Quick question - double glazing - felt trim on sliding doors

Hello,

I need to replace the felt trim on a double glazing sliding door as it's
worn out and there's a nice cold draught coming in. Anyone know what
it's called and where I'm able to get one from?

Thanks

--
John Kelly

Remove dimspam if replying by mail
MrCheerful

"John Kelly" wrote in message
Hello,

I need to replace the felt trim on a double glazing sliding door as it's
worn out and there's a nice cold draught coming in. Anyone know what
it's called and where I'm able to get one from?

Thanks

Any door manufacturer would sell some.
If you mean the brisle trim on a stiff tape that is in a slot, then I have a
load of good secondhand bits, how long a bit do you need?

MrCheerful

John Kelly

In article , nbkm57
@hotmail.com says...

"John Kelly" wrote in message
Hello,

I need to replace the felt trim on a double glazing sliding door as it's
worn out and there's a nice cold draught coming in. Anyone know what
it's called and where I'm able to get one from?

Thanks

Any door manufacturer would sell some.
If you mean the brisle trim on a stiff tape that is in a slot, then I have a
load of good secondhand bits, how long a bit do you need?

That sounds like the stuff. I need less than a metre but it's very
thick. I was going to take some to the local diy place and see if they
have some - ended up painting a bedroom instead. Thanks for the offer
but I need an exact match so 'll cut a bit off and take it round. Is it
called "Bristle Trim"?

--
John Kelly

Remove dimspam if replying by mail

Installing Your Own Double Glazing SuzySue UK diy 22 February 2nd 04 09:21 AM
Sliding Doors Justo Ruiz UK diy 2 August 7th 03 09:57 AM
Secondary double glazing for patio doors? John Smith UK diy 0 July 20th 03 11:27 PM
External Double doors Andy Hall UK diy 1 July 20th 03 09:47 PM