Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Petition about charges at LA tips

Ref the recent discussion about flytipping - someone (not me) has
started a petition to get the gov'mint to stop the charging for rubbish
like: rubble, mud, turf, asbestos etc
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/188005
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
wrote:
Ref the recent discussion about flytipping - someone (not me) has
started a petition to get the gov'mint to stop the charging for rubbish
like: rubble, mud, turf, asbestos etc
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/188005

Right. So we all have to pay to dispose of builder's spoil now?

--
*A woman drove me to drink and I didn't have the decency to thank her

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
wrote:
Ref the recent discussion about flytipping - someone (not me) has
started a petition to get the gov'mint to stop the charging for rubbish
like: rubble, mud, turf, asbestos etc
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/188005

Right. So we all have to pay to dispose of builder's spoil now?

The reason we are encouraged to recycle is for the councils to avoid
fines for not recycling. The same councils (or more likely private
concerns) charging us directly on point of use for that, is not going to
help them achieve less fining with all the dumping going on.

Stick a waste disposal surcharge on the planning application costs for
buildings and refurbs. I'm sure a sliding charge can profit from some of
the larger developments, and usefully pay for prosecutions, etc.

--
Adrian C

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/04/2017 16:20, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
Ref the recent discussion about flytipping - someone (not me) has
started a petition to get the gov'mint to stop the charging for rubbish
like: rubble, mud, turf, asbestos etc
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/188005

Right. So we all have to pay to dispose of builder's spoil now?

The reason we are encouraged to recycle is for the councils to avoid
fines for not recycling. The same councils (or more likely private
concerns) charging us directly on point of use for that, is not going to
help them achieve less fining with all the dumping going on.

Stick a waste disposal surcharge on the planning application costs for
buildings and refurbs. I'm sure a sliding charge can profit from some of
the larger developments, and usefully pay for prosecutions, etc.

The problem is as mobile phones,not the offence but the probability of
catching them. If you wish to stop it then bring ins swinging penalties,
takeaway any vehicles involved and crush them. e
even the pikies would baulk at that!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

In article ,
wrote:
Ref the recent discussion about flytipping - someone (not me) has
started a petition to get the gov'mint to stop the charging for rubbish
like: rubble, mud, turf, asbestos etc
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/188005

Right. So we all have to pay to dispose of builder's spoil now?

I'd rather pay for builders' spoil than fund illegal immigrants.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

presented the following explanation :
Ref the recent discussion about flytipping - someone (not me) has started a
petition to get the gov'mint to stop the charging for rubbish like: rubble,
mud, turf, asbestos etc
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/188005

Presently free disposal for upto 4x special waste collections per year,
the council has invited feedback on them beginning making a charge.

I responded along the lines that charging would encourage much more
fly-tipping.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Harry Bloomfield
wrote:
presented the following explanation :
Ref the recent discussion about flytipping - someone (not me) has
started a petition to get the gov'mint to stop the charging for
rubbish like: rubble, mud, turf, asbestos etc
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/188005

Presently free disposal for upto 4x special waste collections per year,
the council has invited feedback on them beginning making a charge.

I responded along the lines that charging would encourage much more
fly-tipping.

exactly what I said to Surrey CC in their questionaire - they still put a
charge on building waste from domestic premises.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/04/2017 17:07, charles wrote:

It doesn't matter whether the facilities are good or bad - it's whether
they are free or charged for.

Its free around here and they still fly tip so you are wrong.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Ref the recent discussion about flytipping - someone (not me) has
started a petition to get the gov'mint to stop the charging for rubbish
like: rubble, mud, turf, asbestos etc
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/188005

Right. So we all have to pay to dispose of builder's spoil now?

I'd rather pay for builders' spoil than fund illegal immigrants.

In what way do you think you are funding illegal immigrants from your
benefits?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

web.com...

wrote:
Ref the recent discussion about flytipping - someone (not me) has
started a petition to get the gov'mint to stop the charging for rubbish
like: rubble, mud, turf, asbestos etc
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/188005

Right. So we all have to pay to dispose of builder's spoil now?

I'd rather pay for builders' spoil than fund illegal immigrants.

In what way do you think you are funding illegal immigrants from your
benefits?

By not getting as much in benefits as he would
do if the illegal immigrants weren't being funded.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Ref the recent discussion about flytipping - someone (not me) has
started a petition to get the gov'mint to stop the charging for rubbish
like: rubble, mud, turf, asbestos etc
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/188005

Right. So we all have to pay to dispose of builder's spoil now?

I'd rather pay for builders' spoil than fund illegal immigrants.

In what way do you think you are funding illegal immigrants from your
benefits?

The only benefit I get is knowing that my taxes do pay for stuff that
deserving people get.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
charles wrote:
There was a bit about it on TV yesterday. Seems whether a council provides
good or bad facilities has little effect on fly tipping.

It doesn't matter whether the facilities are good or bad - it's whether
they are free or charged for.

No - it covered that too.

I suppose if all you had to do was phone the council and they would come
and say do a total house clearance for free or take any amount of waste,
you might reduce fly tipping. But I doubt any council could afford to do
that.

--
*Arkansas State Motto: Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Don't Laugh.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Is this not an EU thing though, unlike many of the things they get blamed
for. However, if you were a French council you would just shrug and ignore
it.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
wrote in message
Ref the recent discussion about flytipping - someone (not me) has started
a petition to get the gov'mint to stop the charging for rubbish like:
rubble, mud, turf, asbestos etc
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/188005

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 20:10:20 +0100, dennis@home
wrote:

On 24/04/2017 17:07, charles wrote:

It doesn't matter whether the facilities are good or bad - it's whether
they are free or charged for.

Its free around here and they still fly tip so you are wrong.

Fly tipping seems to be concentrated within 500 meters of our LA site,
suggesting it's the vehicles that are refused entry that are doing it.

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 24/04/2017 17:07, charles wrote:

It doesn't matter whether the facilities are good or bad - it's whether
they are free or charged for.

Its free around here and they still fly tip so you are wrong.

Fly tipping seems to be concentrated within 500 meters of our LA site,
suggesting it's the vehicles that are refused entry that are doing it.

Nothing like that happens here. Our LA site is well out of town, massive
great site with immense piles of rubbish in what used to be an old quarry.

Much of the fly tipping is done by those who don't have any way of
moving the larger stuff like mattresses etc around. Just noticed yesterday
that the local newspaper that had their building burnt out and which is
now boarded up has a double be mattress leading up against one of the
sheets of ply that is boarding it up.

Lots of stuff does get fly tipped obviously from trailers and utes etc
to avoid the dump fee at the LA even tho we do have a couple of
fee free days a year instead of the previous system where the LA used
to collect big stuff from the house verge a couple of times a year.

I always maintained that the dump fees were stupid but even when a mate
of mine was local councillor never could get him to see sense on that.

They have a full manned weighbridge that you have to go thru to get
into the dump and I bet the fees don't even pay for operating that.

OT Petition harry UK diy 15 November 24th 15 08:34 AM
Part P petition Grimly Curmudgeon UK diy 2 November 14th 08 08:35 PM
Pensioners e-petition/please help Campaigner Woodturning 0 October 8th 07 02:58 PM
Tips Tips Tips ( work at home) PUNJABI GUY Home Repair 1 June 9th 07 08:28 AM
Part P petition [email protected] UK diy 3 January 23rd 07 11:17 AM