Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default wireless mice double pulsing

I am finding that wireless mice seem to be sending two pulses on a left
click. This effect is very irritating when it clears two tabs when only
one should be cleared. I find this effect on 2 laptops and one desk
machine running Linux and one desktop with W7. All using different mice.
Has anyone found a cure for this?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/04/2017 18:00, Capitol wrote:
I am finding that wireless mice seem to be sending two pulses on a
left click. This effect is very irritating when it clears two tabs when
only one should be cleared. I find this effect on 2 laptops and one desk
machine running Linux and one desktop with W7. All using different mice.
Has anyone found a cure for this?

Its the EUs fault, all we be well once we leave.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/04/2017 18:00, Capitol wrote:
I am finding that wireless mice seem to be sending two pulses on a
left click. This effect is very irritating when it clears two tabs when
only one should be cleared. I find this effect on 2 laptops and one desk
machine running Linux and one desktop with W7. All using different mice.
Has anyone found a cure for this?

When I've had this problem it has always been a tired left mouse switch
(could they all be "tired"?) In the past I've swapped-over switches but
mice are so cheap its doubtful whether it's worth the effort.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dennis@home" wrote in message
web.com...
On 22/04/2017 18:00, Capitol wrote:
I am finding that wireless mice seem to be sending two pulses on a
left click. This effect is very irritating when it clears two tabs when
only one should be cleared. I find this effect on 2 laptops and one desk
machine running Linux and one desktop with W7. All using different mice.
Has anyone found a cure for this?

Its the EUs fault, all we be well once we leave.

You're learning Den.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On 22/04/2017 18:00, Capitol wrote:
I am finding that wireless mice seem to be sending two pulses on a
left click. This effect is very irritating when it clears two tabs when
only one should be cleared. I find this effect on 2 laptops and one desk
machine running Linux and one desktop with W7. All using different mice.
Has anyone found a cure for this?

When I've had this problem it has always been a tired left mouse switch

Yep, specially with Logitech mice. The ****ing clowns have
been using the same microswitch for more than a decade
now and are too stupid to debounce it properly electronically.

OTOH that has given me free otherwise very decent
wireless mice for more than a decade now. I get the
very expensive fancy ones with very long 5 or 7 year
warrantys and when it starts double clicking as it always
does eventually, they usually cant provide an exact
replacement so they have to give me a full refund.

Trouble is now its hard to find a Logitech with better
than a 1 year warranty and they dont all start double
clicking in 1 year.

(could they all be "tired"?)

Yes, you can buy the microswitches for peanuts, they
are so notoriously a problem with Logitech mice.

In the past I've swapped-over switches but mice are so cheap its doubtful
whether it's worth the effort.

The best performing wireless gaming mice arent.

About to change over to the cheapest 6 button wireless
mice I can find on aliexpress and see how that goes,
getting two different ones so I always have a spare.

Thats a problem with 6 button mice tho, the mechanical
memory means its a pain to change mice. Maybe I will
just get a one, see if I like it, get more of the same if I do.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo ,
Capitol escribió:

I am finding that wireless mice seem to be sending two pulses on a left
click

control panel/mouse

find the option for "double-click speed" and reset to default

--
(\_/)
(")_(") the one I never tried before." - Mae West
Posted to uk.d-i-y

It sounds like its deliberate. I know that when a sighted person has unsed
any of my machines things like single and double clicking get reconfigured
so its hard to use the keyboard without changing them back.
I'm assuming there is not ability to reverse buttoons in the software, cos
if the problem moves, its the mouse if it does not its the softwaare.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
wrote in message
On 22/04/2017 18:00, Capitol wrote:
I am finding that wireless mice seem to be sending two pulses on a
left click. This effect is very irritating when it clears two tabs when
only one should be cleared. I find this effect on 2 laptops and one desk
machine running Linux and one desktop with W7. All using different mice.
Has anyone found a cure for this?

When I've had this problem it has always been a tired left mouse switch
(could they all be "tired"?) In the past I've swapped-over switches but
mice are so cheap its doubtful whether it's worth the effort.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
wrote:
I am finding that wireless mice seem to be sending two pulses on a
left click. This effect is very irritating when it clears two tabs
when only one should be cleared. I find this effect on 2 laptops and
one desk machine running Linux and one desktop with W7. All using
different mice. Has anyone found a cure for this?

When I've had this problem it has always been a tired left mouse switch
(could they all be "tired"?) In the past I've swapped-over switches but
mice are so cheap its doubtful whether it's worth the effort.

It is here. I have a cordless PS2 mouse which seem impossible to find new
now. Need it for the old RISC OS computer. Be nice to find a conversion
box that allowed a modern and cheap USB cordless to work with PS2.

--
*I dropped out of communism class because of lousy Marx.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
I am finding that wireless mice seem to be sending two pulses on a
left click. This effect is very irritating when it clears two tabs
when only one should be cleared. I find this effect on 2 laptops and
one desk machine running Linux and one desktop with W7. All using
different mice. Has anyone found a cure for this?

When I've had this problem it has always been a tired left mouse switch
(could they all be "tired"?) In the past I've swapped-over switches but
mice are so cheap its doubtful whether it's worth the effort.

It is here. I have a cordless PS2 mouse which seem impossible to find new
now. Need it for the old RISC OS computer. Be nice to find a conversion
box that allowed a modern and cheap USB cordless to work with PS2.

try CJE Micros. If it exists, he will have one.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 23 Apr 2017 11:20:22 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
I am finding that wireless mice seem to be sending two pulses on
left click. This effect is very irritating when it clears two tabs
when only one should be cleared. I find this effect on 2 laptops and
one desk machine running Linux and one desktop with W7. All using
different mice. Has anyone found a cure for this?

When I've had this problem it has always been a tired left mouse switch
(could they all be "tired"?) In the past I've swapped-over switches but
mice are so cheap its doubtful whether it's worth the effort.

It is here. I have a cordless PS2 mouse which seem impossible to find
new now. Need it for the old RISC OS computer. Be nice to find a
conversion box that allowed a modern and cheap USB cordless to work with
PS2.

There are one or two good converters around. Do you need power to the
mouse, tough?

If so, a KVM would do the job. I have a very good one (well, four!) that
provides excellent conversion - at a price.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 23 April 2017 11:20:40 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
I am finding that wireless mice seem to be sending two pulses on a
left click. This effect is very irritating when it clears two tabs
when only one should be cleared. I find this effect on 2 laptops and
one desk machine running Linux and one desktop with W7. All using
different mice. Has anyone found a cure for this?

When I've had this problem it has always been a tired left mouse switch
(could they all be "tired"?) In the past I've swapped-over switches but
mice are so cheap its doubtful whether it's worth the effort.

It is here. I have a cordless PS2 mouse which seem impossible to find new
now. Need it for the old RISC OS computer. Be nice to find a conversion
box that allowed a modern and cheap USB cordless to work with PS2.

why don't you just use ps2 mice? IME with ball mice, the older they are the better they work.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
charles wrote:
In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
I am finding that wireless mice seem to be sending two pulses
on a left click. This effect is very irritating when it clears two
tabs when only one should be cleared. I find this effect on 2
laptops and one desk machine running Linux and one desktop with
W7. All using different mice. Has anyone found a cure for this?

When I've had this problem it has always been a tired left mouse
switch (could they all be "tired"?) In the past I've swapped-over
switches but mice are so cheap its doubtful whether it's worth the
effort.

It is here. I have a cordless PS2 mouse which seem impossible to find
new now. Need it for the old RISC OS computer. Be nice to find a
conversion box that allowed a modern and cheap USB cordless to work
with PS2.

try CJE Micros. If it exists, he will have one.

He doesn't. ;-)

--
*How about "never"? Is "never" good for you?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Bob Eager wrote:
It is here. I have a cordless PS2 mouse which seem impossible to find
new now. Need it for the old RISC OS computer. Be nice to find a
conversion box that allowed a modern and cheap USB cordless to work
with PS2.

There are one or two good converters around. Do you need power to the
mouse, tough?

If so, a KVM would do the job. I have a very good one (well, four!) that
provides excellent conversion - at a price.

I already have a DVI KVM - the RPC has a digital viewfinder card - which
is PS2. The mouse receiver is actually USB, but uses a convertor plug to
PS2, which also powers it. I'm using a nice old and clunky PS2 keyboard
that I like better than the modern soft touch variety. The snag is a
modern USB mouse won't work with that adaptor. Not sure of the reasons.

--
*We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
wrote:
It is here. I have a cordless PS2 mouse which seem impossible to find
new now. Need it for the old RISC OS computer. Be nice to find a
conversion box that allowed a modern and cheap USB cordless to work
with PS2.

why don't you just use ps2 mice? IME with ball mice, the older they are
the better they work.

The one I'm using now is optical.

--
*It doesn't take a genius to spot a goat in a flock of sheep *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 23 April 2017 15:20:12 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Bob Eager wrote:
It is here. I have a cordless PS2 mouse which seem impossible to find
new now. Need it for the old RISC OS computer. Be nice to find a
conversion box that allowed a modern and cheap USB cordless to work
with PS2.

There are one or two good converters around. Do you need power to the
mouse, tough?

If so, a KVM would do the job. I have a very good one (well, four!) that
provides excellent conversion - at a price.

I already have a DVI KVM - the RPC has a digital viewfinder card - which
is PS2. The mouse receiver is actually USB, but uses a convertor plug to
PS2, which also powers it. I'm using a nice old and clunky PS2 keyboard
that I like better than the modern soft touch variety. The snag is a
modern USB mouse won't work with that adaptor. Not sure of the reasons.

Mice for a long time had 2 interfaces, so you could use an adaptor plug and it would work. But not all do, those don't work with adaptors.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

It sounds like its deliberate.

Nope.

I know that when a sighted person has unsed any of my machines things like
single and double clicking get reconfigured so its hard to use the
keyboard without changing them back.

I'm assuming there is not ability to reverse buttoons in the software,

He's talking about unsoldering the microswitch
and soldering it where the other one is.

cos if the problem moves, its the mouse if it does not its the softwaare.

It must be the mouse if physically swapping
the microswitches in the mouse fixes it.

Not that physically swapping the microswitches makes any sense,
they are so cheap that it makes more sense to put in a new one
if the effort is warranted with one of the more expensive mice.

Capitol wrote

I am finding that wireless mice seem to be sending two pulses on a
left click. This effect is very irritating when it clears two tabs when
only one should be cleared. I find this effect on 2 laptops and one desk
machine running Linux and one desktop with W7. All using different mice.
Has anyone found a cure for this?

When I've had this problem it has always been a tired left mouse switch
(could they all be "tired"?) In the past I've swapped-over switches but
mice are so cheap its doubtful whether it's worth the effort.

New fluorescent lights rapidly pulsing Doc Home Repair 5 December 16th 16 06:59 PM
notebook ac adapter pulsing mynick Electronics Repair 5 December 10th 10 08:46 PM
Pulsing lawn mower Calab Home Repair 23 August 11th 09 04:30 PM
Bush WS6680SIL (standby led pulsing) Jack00 Electronics Repair 1 November 6th 07 08:55 PM
Removing 100hz pulsing from mains lighting jim UK diy 5 December 23rd 06 09:12 AM