Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The filthy sluts kittens

On 27/03/2017 19:13, Rod Speed wrote:
wrote
Rod Speed wrote

They have to practice for adult cathood, which will
probably involve a lot of sleeping and looking cute too.

They'll never look as cute as they do now,
particularly that one with its hands up.

He's mine, I saw him first!

No you didnt, you just commented on him first.

I saw him first. I can't have him as Toby would eat him.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/03/17 19:34, ARW wrote:

Apparently kittens can sleep up to 23 hours out of 24.

And so it was (sorry Brian it's a picture)

http://s428.photobucket.com/user/ada...mg077.jpg.html

For Brian ...

And then God created a furry lump which for a lack of a better name He
called the Cat. He looked at His creation and shook His head. It wasn't
exactly what He had in mind.

He held the thing up in the air and it hung limply from His fingers. He
dropped it to the ground, and it spread out in all directions as flat as
a pancake. And when He crossed the forelegs across the chest and folded
the hind legs into a lotus position, that is exactly where the limbs stayed.

His curiosity piqued, He turned the body over, stretching it to almost
twice its length. He rolled it into a small ball, twisting, bending,
kneading it. The thing did not even open its eyes. He rubbed His beard
incredulously. He didn't know whether to laugh or cry. He knew of course
that what He had just created was less than a miracle. But there was no
time to make changes, not with the seven-day deadline just around the
corner.

"Oh, Well." He shrugged. "You can't win them all." with not a moment to
spare upon its arrival on earth, the cat curled up and went back to sleep.

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Rod Speed wrote

They have to practice for adult cathood, which will
probably involve a lot of sleeping and looking cute too.

They'll never look as cute as they do now,
particularly that one with its hands up.

He's mine, I saw him first!

No you didnt, you just commented on him first.

I saw him first.

No you didnt, Mike did when he took the photo.

I can't have him as Toby would eat him.

True, just another cannibal.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 27 March 2017 22:53:09 UTC+1, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
And then God created a furry lump which for a lack of a better name He
called the Cat. He looked at His creation and shook His head. It wasn't
exactly what He had in mind.

Which shows how wrong God was as Cat is perfection in a soft furry coat.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote
Adrian Caspersz wrote

And then God created a furry lump which for a lack of a better
name He called the Cat. He looked at His creation and shook
His head. It wasn't exactly what He had in mind.

Which shows how wrong God was as Cat is perfection in a soft furry coat.

Not the ones that are insanely fussy about what they
will eat and which wreck the house with their claws.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 28 March 2017 19:29:36 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
wrote
Adrian Caspersz wrote

And then God created a furry lump which for a lack of a better
name He called the Cat. He looked at His creation and shook
His head. It wasn't exactly what He had in mind.

Which shows how wrong God was as Cat is perfection in a soft furry coat.

Not the ones that are insanely fussy about what they
will eat and which wreck the house with their claws.

A lot of catfood is pretty inedible.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:
wrote
Adrian Caspersz wrote

And then God created a furry lump which for a lack of a better
name He called the Cat. He looked at His creation and shook
His head. It wasn't exactly what He had in mind.

Which shows how wrong God was as Cat is perfection in a soft furry
coat.

Not the ones that are insanely fussy about what they
will eat and which wreck the house with their claws.

Cat owners tend to live in pikey council houses.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/03/2017 20:42, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:
wrote
Adrian Caspersz wrote

And then God created a furry lump which for a lack of a better
name He called the Cat. He looked at His creation and shook
His head. It wasn't exactly what He had in mind.

Which shows how wrong God was as Cat is perfection in a soft furry
coat.

Not the ones that are insanely fussy about what they
will eat and which wreck the house with their claws.

Cat owners tend to live in pikey council houses.

And what sort of person lives in a bungalow with butterflies on sticks
in their garden?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
On 28/03/2017 20:42, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:
wrote
Adrian Caspersz wrote

And then God created a furry lump which for a lack of a better
name He called the Cat. He looked at His creation and shook
His head. It wasn't exactly what He had in mind.

Which shows how wrong God was as Cat is perfection in a soft furry
coat.

Not the ones that are insanely fussy about what they
will eat and which wreck the house with their claws.

Cat owners tend to live in pikey council houses.

And what sort of person lives in a bungalow with butterflies on sticks
in their garden?

A person who owns the property and can buy and sell you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
ARW wrote:
On 28/03/2017 20:42, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:
wrote
Adrian Caspersz wrote

And then God created a furry lump which for a lack of a better
name He called the Cat. He looked at His creation and shook
His head. It wasn't exactly what He had in mind.

Which shows how wrong God was as Cat is perfection in a soft furry
coat.

Not the ones that are insanely fussy about what they
will eat and which wreck the house with their claws.

Cat owners tend to live in pikey council houses.

And what sort of person lives in a bungalow with butterflies on sticks
in their garden?

someone who was given said buttterfly by their granddaughter.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 28 March 2017 10:02:32 UTC+1, I wrote:
Which shows how wrong God was as Cat is perfection in a soft furry coat.

although there was a ferret on the bus this afternoon which was quite sweet too.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 28 March 2017 20:28:30 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
A lot of catfood is pretty inedible.

I quite like the Felix stuff in pouches:-)

It's expensive though; I did a cost comparison [1] and poundland tuna was cheaper.

Owain

[1] Not a taste comparison
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/03/2017 21:08, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
ARW wrote:
On 28/03/2017 20:42, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:
wrote
Adrian Caspersz wrote

And then God created a furry lump which for a lack of a better
name He called the Cat. He looked at His creation and shook
His head. It wasn't exactly what He had in mind.

Which shows how wrong God was as Cat is perfection in a soft furry
coat.

Not the ones that are insanely fussy about what they
will eat and which wreck the house with their claws.

Cat owners tend to live in pikey council houses.

And what sort of person lives in a bungalow with butterflies on sticks
in their garden?

A person who owns the property and can buy and sell you.

I have owned my own property since I was 30 years old.

What the **** is the black fake cat doing in your front garden?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Adrian Caspersz wrote

And then God created a furry lump which for a lack of a
better name He called the Cat. He looked at His creation
and shook His head. It wasn't exactly what He had in mind.

Which shows how wrong God was as Cat is perfection in a soft furry coat.

Not the ones that are insanely fussy about what they
will eat and which wreck the house with their claws.

A lot of catfood is pretty inedible.

Trouble with that line is that other cats love what some cats refuse to eat.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message
news
Rod Speed wrote:
wrote
Adrian Caspersz wrote

And then God created a furry lump which for a lack of a better
name He called the Cat. He looked at His creation and shook
His head. It wasn't exactly what He had in mind.

Which shows how wrong God was as Cat is perfection in a soft furry
coat.

Not the ones that are insanely fussy about what they
will eat and which wreck the house with their claws.

Cat owners tend to live in pikey council houses.

Far more of the cat owners around here don’t live in council houses
of any kind, because there are far fewer council houses than non
council houses and cats in a high percentage of all houses.

Dogs and children too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 28 March 2017 21:40:26 UTC+1, wrote:
On Tuesday, 28 March 2017 20:28:30 UTC+1, ARW wrote:

NT:

A lot of catfood is pretty inedible.

I quite like the Felix stuff in pouches:-)

It's expensive though; I did a cost comparison [1] and poundland tuna was cheaper.

Owain

[1] Not a taste comparison

Too salty for regular use though. I've little doubt the pouches are overpriced. Cans are under half the cost per 100g.

Frozen chicken & minced beef are also options. AND ISTR frozen random fish can be ok pricewise (but fish data from several years ago).

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 28 March 2017 20:56:29 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
On 28/03/2017 20:42, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Cat owners tend to live in pikey council houses.

has as much to do with reality as anything Rod writes

And what sort of person lives in a bungalow with butterflies on sticks
in their garden?

funny

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

where is the grocer when you need him?

Josef Stalin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 29 March 2017 03:26:10 UTC+1, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
It's expensive though; I did a cost comparison [1] and poundland tuna was
cheaper.

Cats need taurine, and it's not in tuna.

The comparison was for feeding me, not a cat. I'm quite glad the poundland tuna won on cost grounds :-)

Filthy Slut gets a tin of tuna
as a treat once a week. I alternate between the stuff in brine and the
stuff in sunflower oil, it's good for her coat.

Mine used to love lamb chops, poached chicken, and poached cod or haddock from the fish van once a week.

I considered myself lucky if I got a pot noodle. That's mothers for you.

Owain
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/03/2017 03:23, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo ,
escribió:

It's expensive though; I did a cost comparison [1] and poundland tuna was
cheaper.

Cats need taurine, and it's not in tuna.

Give them Red Bull then.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/03/2017 23:53, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 27 Mar 2017 00:27:38 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

On 26/03/2017 21:17, Phil L wrote:
wrote:
On Sunday, 26 March 2017 20:53:37 UTC+1, Robin wrote:
I reckon it could be fake mews

That's clawful.

Owain

I've a feline this thread is going to be littered with cat references

Would that be such a catastrophe?

Yes (it's a d-i-y group). ;-)

Well its hardly the first non purrfect post we have had... and it sure
beats harry ******** or JWS style online masturbation ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

| Internode Ltd -
http://www.internode.co.uk |

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On Sunday, 26 March 2017 20:53:37 UTC+1, Robin wrote:
I reckon it could be fake mews

That's clawful.

Owain

I've a feline this thread is going to be littered with cat references

Would that be such a catastrophe?

Yes (it's a d-i-y group). ;-)

Well its hardly the first non purrfect post we have had... and it sure
beats harry ******** or JWS style online masturbation ;-)

We will have to agree to disagree on that one then as *anything* is
better than the subject of cats.

I don't dislike them as a species, I dislike the irresponsibility of
those owners who don't keep what would be considered by most as
'reasonable control' over *their* (not *my*) 'companion animals'.

I dislike the fact that the law gives (or hasn't removed) such so called
'companion animals' the special status not offered to many others. So,
IMHO, any 'owner' of a cat (they are 'property' so have owners) should be
as responsible as the owners of a companion dog or pot bellied pig, but
they aren't ITRW.

If I allow my dog to run into the road and it causes a RTA I will be held
responsible. A cat is just seen to be doing 'what cat's do' and that's
wholly unfair in my and any socially aware persons book (irrespective of
any 'law').

So, talking about cats has the same reaction to me as having to live with
a massive waste / fly tip, regular vandalism, noisy neighbours, loud
exhausts or fox hunting is to others.

Also, because I am a 'real man', I don't fawn over pictures or videos of
any baby (or otherwise) animal. weg

I appreciate them of course (even cats), just don't want them (any of
them) scratching my cars or using my garden as a toilet without recourse
to some form of compensation.

The only way they redress the balance is if they (or a fox or deer etc)
are hit by your car you don't have the bother of reporting it to the
Police (not that most want that scenario of course, including me).

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

So no different to other wildlife then?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/03/2017 21:34, charles wrote:
In article ,
ARW wrote:
On 28/03/2017 20:42, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:
wrote
Adrian Caspersz wrote

And then God created a furry lump which for a lack of a better
name He called the Cat. He looked at His creation and shook
His head. It wasn't exactly what He had in mind.

Which shows how wrong God was as Cat is perfection in a soft furry
coat.

Not the ones that are insanely fussy about what they
will eat and which wreck the house with their claws.

Cat owners tend to live in pikey council houses.

And what sort of person lives in a bungalow with butterflies on sticks
in their garden?

someone who was given said buttterfly by their granddaughter.

And?

You put it there for your grandaughter to shut the little ****er up for
a while and keep her happy with the knowledge that she will soon forget
about it and you can soon remove it.

You did not make a big song and dance about it saying that it made your
garden the best looking garden in the street - whilst bragging that you
only paid a quid for the ****ing thing from the Poundland did you?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Other than domestic cats are 'owned' by someone and so the owner should
(morally and legally) be responsible for the consequences of their
'possession' and any damage it causes, no. ;-)

At least harry admits he only put the solar panels on his roof as a cash
cow and admits he knew full well that it was us that would be paying him
to have them.

Cat owners seem to be happy they can have it both ways (they don't have
to be responsible for most of their possessions actions but can also
enjoy protection of the same is a way not offered to most other types of
companion animal or livestock.

I couldn't have a cat, or noisy / dangerous dog, unsociable horse, or a
noisy exhaust on my car or motorbike, in the same way as I couldn't
accept the PV FIT payments, it's simply not fair on others.

Most really CGAF what your pet does to you or your house or in your
garden but your neighbours may care what *your* cat does to their cars
(scratches all over their car roof as per one of my Mums neighbours) or
thinks of the cat crap they tread in unexpectedly in their private garden
because they don't own a cat.

I don't expect any cat owner to see the injustice in that of course. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/03/2017 16:25, Mark wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
news
On 28/03/2017 21:38, wrote:
On Tuesday, 28 March 2017 10:02:32 UTC+1, I wrote:
Which shows how wrong God was as Cat is perfection in a soft furry coat.

although there was a ferret on the bus this afternoon which was quite
sweet too.

you have probably seen this
"Cats do not need the attention a dog does but when it gives you attention
is not false. They select who they want to be with."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39440934

I never asked for my first cat. He chose me. I was fitting some lights
at a cattery and he just would not leave me alone. I picked him up for a
cuddle and the woman running the cattery came in and said "You are the
first person he has allowed to pick him up".

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 30 March 2017 19:26:24 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
I never asked for my first cat. He chose me. I was fitting some lights
at a cattery and he just would not leave me alone. I picked him up for a
cuddle and the woman running the cattery came in and said "You are the
first person he has allowed to pick him up".

That's lovely.

Just don't make the same mistake at the Scout Hut :-)

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , ARW aXXXwadsworth@blueyond
er.co.uk escribió:

I never asked for my first cat. He chose me.

Same here. Filthy Slut appeared on the doorstep one day and wouldn't
leave, so she effectively adopted me. I found out later she originally
"belonged" to a family of scumbags a couple streets away who hadn't been
looking after her. Typical Christmas present for the kids, later
abandoned sort of thing.

--
(\_/)
(")_(") the one I never tried before." - Mae West

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 30 Mar 2017 16:25:19 +0100, "Mark" wrote:

"ARW" wrote in message
news
On 28/03/2017 21:38, wrote:
On Tuesday, 28 March 2017 10:02:32 UTC+1, I wrote:
Which shows how wrong God was as Cat is perfection in a soft furry coat.

although there was a ferret on the bus this afternoon which was quite
sweet too.

you have probably seen this
"Cats do not need the attention a dog does but when it gives you attention
is not false. They select who they want to be with."

Exactly ... hardly great credentials for something that is supposed to
be a 'companion animal'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39440934

Maybe these are 'new men' ... those more in touch with their feminine
side or just want 'a pet' they can let out into (or have free access
to via a cat-flap) other peoples gardens to use as a toilet or bother
to walk. They certainly don't want something they could take out with
them all the time and be required by law to clear up after and to be
'in full control of'.

Again ... "They're cute, usually cuddly (if you respect their wishes)"

Great, a pet that chooses when you can pet it. ;-(

But that seems to be part of the appeal for some people ... it's like
they don't actually want a real 'companion animal' but just something
they are loosely responsible for and only ruins some of their
belongings. [1]

Cheers, T i m

[1] We have been given all sorts of furniture over the years and the
last (via Freecycle) was a very nice 3 seater leather sofa and two
leather side chairs that looked like new. I asked if they had ever
used them and they said yes, for 15 years and that included by the
Labrador puppies that the bred. Anything given to us by a cat owner
was generally ripped up somewhere.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 31 March 2017 08:55:01 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
Again ... "They're cute, usually cuddly (if you respect their wishes)"
Great, a pet that chooses when you can pet it. ;-(

Like women.

But a tin of tuna occasionally is a lot cheaper than hats and diamonds.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 31 March 2017 08:55:01 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 30 Mar 2017 16:25:19 +0100, "Mark" wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
news
On 28/03/2017 21:38, wrote:
[...]

If you ever get any real understanding of cats, let us know.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"T i m" wrote in message
On Thu, 30 Mar 2017 16:25:19 +0100, "Mark" wrote:

"ARW" wrote in message
news
On 28/03/2017 21:38, wrote:
On Tuesday, 28 March 2017 10:02:32 UTC+1, I wrote:
Which shows how wrong God was as Cat is perfection in a soft furry
coat.

although there was a ferret on the bus this afternoon which was quite
sweet too.

you have probably seen this
"Cats do not need the attention a dog does but when it gives you attention
is not false. They select who they want to be with."

Exactly ... hardly great credentials for something
that is supposed to be a 'companion animal'.

Works fine when they select you as that one did with Adam.

OT? Sluts! harry Home Repair 7 May 18th 11 09:17 AM
OT? Sluts! The Ghost in The Machine Home Repair 0 May 16th 11 04:35 PM
Kittens on the keys? The Natural Philosopher[_2_] UK diy 26 September 19th 10 11:13 AM
Tag teamin' kittens Karl Townsend Metalworking 41 May 28th 09 01:48 PM
UK multiway power adapters vs. kittens Jack Campin - bogus address UK diy 14 August 10th 07 11:57 AM