Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Can you get any closer to the steering wheel?

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Wheel.jpg

FFS.

And yes I am back in the white van that had the passenger side wing
mirror fall off when I pressed a button by accident. The apprentice has
fixed it.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 26 March 2017 16:06:53 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Wheel.jpg

FFS.

Ford Ts were much worse.

And yes I am back in the white van that had the passenger side wing
mirror fall off when I pressed a button by accident. The apprentice has
fixed it.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Wheel.jpg

Aren't there dire warnings about the potential consequences of
being too close to an airbag?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARW
writes
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Wheel.jpg

FFS.

grin Reminds me of my Grandad, driving his 1956 Austin A35 (5881 F),
cap on head, pipe in mouth, nose an inch from the steering wheel.
--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Gaffa tape one supposes?

A question, when did most cars get these very sloped windscreens as I'm
always bunping my head on the sunvisor of the passenger seat.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"ARW" wrote in message
news
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Wheel.jpg

FFS.

And yes I am back in the white van that had the passenger side wing mirror
fall off when I pressed a button by accident. The apprentice has fixed it.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 27 March 2017 08:33:35 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
Gaffa tape one supposes?

A question, when did most cars get these very sloped windscreens as I'm
always bunping my head on the sunvisor of the passenger seat.
Brian

I have one.
Pain in the arse.
It steams up instantly you get in thecar for some reason.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

harry wrote
Brian Gaff wrote

A question,

Too radical by far...

when did most cars get these very sloped windscreens

Long time ago now, when people started to care about fuel consumption.

as I'm always bunping my head on the sunvisor of the passenger seat.

I dont. Have you got a big head ?

I have one.
Pain in the arse.
It steams up instantly you get in thecar for some reason.

Thats because you are full of hot air and bull****.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 27 Mar 2017 08:33:19 +0100
Graeme wrote:

grin Reminds me of my Grandad, driving his 1956 Austin A35 (5881
F), cap on head, pipe in mouth, nose an inch from the steering wheel.

With his pipe between the wheel spokes, then? Turning corners must have
been fun!

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 26 Mar 2017 16:07:05 +0100
ARW wrote:

And yes I am back in the white van that had the passenger side wing
mirror fall off when I pressed a button by accident."

Was that the "Wing Mirror Eject" button?

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 8:37:52 AM UTC+1, Graeme wrote:
In message , ARW
writes
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Wheel.jpg

FFS.

grin Reminds me of my Grandad, driving his 1956 Austin A35 (5881 F),
cap on head, pipe in mouth, nose an inch from the steering wheel.
--
Graeme

My daughters warned me about men in hats driving cars. All crumblies. They were right

My mother warned me about men walking dogs at night. I wonder

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Davey
writes
Graeme wrote:

grin Reminds me of my Grandad, driving his 1956 Austin A35 (5881
F), cap on head, pipe in mouth, nose an inch from the steering wheel.

With his pipe between the wheel spokes, then? Turning corners must have
been fun!

Indeed! I remember sitting in the front passenger seat, and being
allowed to turn the indicators on and off for him, the switch, in an
A35, being top centre of the dashboard.
--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 28 Mar 2017 02:18:17 -0700, fred wrote:

On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 8:37:52 AM UTC+1, Graeme wrote:
In message , ARW
writes
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Wheel.jpg

FFS.

grin Reminds me of my Grandad, driving his 1956 Austin A35 (5881 F),
cap on head, pipe in mouth, nose an inch from the steering wheel.
--
Graeme

My daughters warned me about men in hats driving cars. All crumblies.
They were right

SWMBO and I came to the conclusion, many years ago, that trilbies are the
worst.

(I only have one hat, I don't wear it when driving, and anyway it's an
Akubra)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:

And yes I am back in the white van that had the passenger side wing
mirror fall off when I pressed a button by accident."

Was that the "Wing Mirror Eject" button?

**** vans. They have no passenger side cup holder, breaks down every 2
months (the one I drive does), and the replacement van lasted a day.

--
Adam

Refurbishing a steering wheel. Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 7 March 7th 11 12:17 PM
STEERING WHEEL J T Woodworking 0 April 23rd 07 05:37 AM
STEERING WHEEL AND PEDALS J T Woodworking 0 August 17th 05 01:25 AM
gaming steering wheel [email protected] Electronics Repair 1 May 30th 05 05:59 PM
gaming steering wheel [email protected] Metalworking 1 May 30th 05 12:41 PM